• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP242 Range Shift Fork Removal

I've always been able to pull the shaft away from the plate with the slot and get to disengage.

did you have to force it much? it seems like it can with some force.

my extractor broke off in the roll pin. tonight. stupid harbor freight crap...:gag:

also, does anyone see a problem with drilling the hole a little larger in order to reach small pliers in there to get the roll pin out?

and crusher, how did you go about the rear input bearing in the side of the case?

Last edited:
edit: got it out the way old man suggested. used a screwdriver to pry the slider on the range fork out of the notch. everything else came right out.

Last edited:
and crusher, how did you go about the rear input bearing in the side of the case?

The one in my last picture? A nice dremel, some time, and a steady hand.

thats the one. i just used a puller. any 3 jaw puller worked...after i ripped apart the cage that holds the needles in. that allowed me to use the puller on the upper lip of the bearing instead of trying to get one under the bottom lip that was only 1/8'' or so from the case.

Went to put the roll pin back in. Can I just get another roll pin somewhere? Hardware store?

IMG_20110119_182801.jpg

Back