• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Now I need a job!

SurfXJSnow

NAXJA Forum User
So, the remodeling/contracting business has slowed down to a complete stand still in the last 3 weeks. No business whatsoever.

Looking at getting into a Sales/Management field but I am open to new ventures. :idea:

Let me know if you know where I might find a niche here in Colorado. I live in Colorado Springs, but willing to travel as far as Castle Rock and South Denver.

Here is a copy of my resume if interested. Thanks in advance to my Naxja buddies.

Jonathan L. Lavezzo
13607 Ashbrook Heights
Suite 105
Colorado Springs, CO
719-205-5455
clip_image001.gif

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Objective

To obtain a position in which I can utilize my talents in the sales, marketing, and management fields. I seek a position that allows me to use my creative and personal characteristics to achieve successful results.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Professional Summary

Experienced candidate in design and development of small businesses. I have spent the last eight years as an entrepreneur, developing two separate business ventures. These businesses were successful due to creative marketing/sales techniques and a desire to succeed. I have also found the management field to be quite rewarding. I have a people personality and an undying desire to succeed at anything I do. I find challenges intriguing and I am always up for a new experience.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Education

Langley High School
McLean, VA
Term: 1997 to 1998
General Studies Diploma

Herndon High School
Herndon, VA
Term: 1998 to 2000
General Studies Diploma

Blue Ridge College
Weyers Cave, VA
Business Management Associates Degree
Outdoors Club
Student Instructor for college snowboarding class.

Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy
Colorado Springs, CO
Certification in Neuromuscular Therapy
Certification in Massage Therapy/Sports Therapist
Certification in Personal Training/Fitness Training

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Work History
Lavezzo Remodeling and Design
3990 Farrcroft Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22030
Owner/Developer of Lavezzo Remodeling and Design
I was in charge of all sales, marketing, accounting, and payroll. I was also responsible for hiring needed workers, training employees, and all remodeling projects. This was my first venture into owning a small business. Lavezzo Remodeling and Design was a very rewarding experience for me in so many ways.

The Drywall Doctor
Colorado Springs, CO
Owner/Developer of The Drywall Doctor
In charge of all sales, marketing, accounting, and payroll. I saw a niche in drywall repair in the Colorado Springs area and decided to take up a new challenge while in school. Pipes burst in many Colorado Springs homes during the winter months. Plumbers come in and have to cut out many large pieces of drywall in order to get to the broken pipe. That’s where The Drywall Doctor came into view.

Pacific Sunwear
Silverthorne, CO
Assistant Store Manager
Responsible for opening and closing the store, managing up to eight employees at any given time, opening and closing registers, inventory, and profit/loss reports. This was a key holder position. I was also in charge of taking nightly deposits to the bank, interviewing potential employees, and customer relations. This was a great management experience for me. I am grateful I was given the opportunity to work with this company.

Massanutten Resort
Massanutten, VA
Ski/Snowboard Instructor
I was part of a team of ski/snowboard instructors that worked on Massanutten Mountain. I was in charge of teaching all safety rules and guidelines to resort guests, teaching proper mountain etiquette of trails and lifts, and teaching groups of up to ten guests the sport of skiing/snowboarding. This was a great job with a lot of great benefits. I met a lot of great people through the ski and snowboard school that I am still in touch with today. My days at Massanutten were a great experience for a college student looking to make some extra money.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Computer Skills

Experienced in web page design and basic HTML and Java. I have a strong knowledge of
online marketing and sales techniques. I also have Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint experience.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Other Interests and Activities

I have a passion for the outdoors. I enjoy snowboarding, skiing, kayaking, fishing, golf, and just about anything else that takes place outdoors. I also have a love for writing. Business plans, essays, and short stories are all enjoyable projects I often take up.

Go to www.referrallist.com maybe some of the sponsors there could use you. I was a remodeling contractor for 12 years here in Colorado. I still have work and I haven't advertised in three years. I have a very short list of past customers that I am still doing work for. I was a Martino approved sponsor for about seven years, I always had work.

The remodeling gets in the way of running the brokerage so I am doing less and less of it.

shane

Send me a PM.

I had lead on a Branch Manager job for a finance company. They extend lines of credit for non-franchise car dealerships. The Compnay owns the auction in Fountain, and the job location was at the auction. Way to long a drive for me from Castle Rock. Manages 5 employees...I think.

I was on my second phone call, they were ready to move forward...then I found out I would have to drive THROUGH the Springs...twice a day. PASS

PM if interested and I will send you the guys email address.

Oh, boo, hoo. I drive through Castle Rock twice a day. The tards that get on at Founders Parkway are the worst.

Fred

ill keep my eye open...and you all hush...i work in woodland park.....and live in east so-springs...

CRock to Fountain would be way worse. I work 1.4 miles from my house now! HA!

That mean you are riding a bike to work? And I mean the pedal kind, not the putt-putt kind. Or walk? Would take all of 20 minutes.

Fred

Back