• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'Nother n00b

JBweld

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everybody. First post, but I've been lurking for a couple of months now and absorbing mass quantities of info. I'm pretty sure I talked to XJourney (sorry can't remember your name) at the Napa in Ferndale a while back. I think he noticed the XJ leafs in the back of my truck, and we talked about his cool rig for a bit too. Anyway, he told me about this place. Thanks. Since then, I've installed the TNT radius arm kit on my '87 two door, and also welded brackets on an early Bronco Dana 44 which is now under the front end. New axles/Detroits/4.88's front and rear(rear end is a Dana 44 also) and new set of Toyo 35's! Just have to get my steering worked out and then I can drive this beast. Can't wait to wheel again. It's been a while. Hope to meet you guys on the trail someday.

If you have gathered all of that information, parts and put that all together in the last few months you are way ahead of the curve!! :)

Welcome to the group.

Hans should get extra credit for inviting you:)

Look forward to seeing you on the trail soon.
Michael

Welcome aboard. Glad to see you made it here. Surprised you had time with all that work you have been doing. Sound like your rig has come quite aways.:) I am not sure if I have the cool rig, but it works. Sometime we will have to get together and talk XJ. Would love to see the TNT kit in person.

There is a run on the 30th of Oct to Reiter and one tenatively Nov 25

Hans

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome, and yes, I,ve been throwing a lot of parts on it lately! It might be ready for Reiter on the 25th if I keep making progress. Only been there once before and would like to try it out with my new toy!

Welcome new NWC guy. BTW your in the neighborhood of our illustrious chapter president, Hans.

You'll like him...he always seems to be really helpful.

Welcome to the crew! Hope to see you at Reiter on the 30th.

If we are doing Reiter on the 30th, I would rather hit up Evans or Elbe around the 25th of November.

The wife didn't care for the 2-3 hour drive it takes us to meet up with y'all.

Oh yeah, Welcome aboard.

Jason

Thanks again for the welcomes! But I don't think I'll be making the Reiter trip on the 30th. I'll be installing knuckles and axles in my front end tomorrow and hopefully pull the transfercase on Sat for a SYE install. Plus a little break in time for the new gears, hopefully I'll be ready for a run next month

Finally got the front axle together. Just have to bleed the brakes and finish my trackbar bracket before driving it.
100_0713.jpg

100_0714.jpg

Can't wait to go test it out.

lockedstock94 said:
Greetings from a fellow 2-dr owner. Hope to see you on the trails soon!

-----Matt-----

2drs are where its at. You need to be desperate to ride in the back :D

keeps the riff-raff out.

ECKSJAY said:
It's easier to access your stashed children in a 4dr though. :D

why yes it is....:D

Thats why only 1 rides at a time. Not only that, when one does ride...no room for the WIFE. :D She won't ride in back...:cool: (wonder why I bought it?)

I'd like to thank JEEP for another excellent idea.

Back