• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not for an xj, but 4bbl intake and carb for 258

thechief86

NAXJA Forum User
I have a really nice Offenhauser intake and a Holley Truck Avenger 470cfm carburetor and a Chrome K&N air cleaner with re-usable/cleanable air filter that was on a Jeep J-10 pickup truck for maybe 1000 miles before my friend decided to build a fuel injected stroker 4.7 for it.
The truck ran really well with it, both with the stock engine, and with some minor adjustments ran even better with some head porting and a higher lift cam.
This setup will work very nicely on your Full Size Jeep, CJ, AMC Gremlin, Pacer, Eagle, Or your
87-91 Jeep Wrangler with a 258 straight six.
This is the next best thing to fuel injection.
I realize the price is already pretty low for these items, considering the new price and the low usage, so if you can't come close to my asking price, please buy one cheaper elsewhere.
call or text, open to trades
Price is more Negotiable to NAXJA.org members
Located 20 miles north of nashville, ZIP code 37188.
Please Call or Text me @ 731-420-thirteenforty7
$250 OBO

Last edited:
This is a $400 carb on a $300 intake, by the way.
When reminded of this, I raised the craigslist price by $100, but kept it low for forum members.
At this price, the buyer could double their money...

You need to call Doug Scott @ Scott Automotive in Norene, TN. A Scout guy might jump all over this and he has the connections to move it.

Cool. Buy it from me and make some money on it, if you'd like ;)
I have a guy interested in it, so pending sale for now.
I'll update before long and let you know.

If you're not in too big of a hurry, shipping to Des Moines via FedEx raises the price by around $35. Actual cost shouldn't be too far off of that I'd think...
Again, this would be $750 worth of parts for around $300.
I'd say the shipping probably wouldn't kill the savings.

Back