• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northwest Fest Pictures

Re: NWFest UPDATE!!

Sniggs said:
Over there? Hah! You're not getting off that easy... ;) You are going to help us do a run in your neck of the woods (figure of speech), right?

???????????? Woods??? What "Woods"????? We dont have that over here.....just sand, sagebrush, and rattlesnakes!

We can always do a sand dune run out at vantage, or haul em up here to Bickleton when I'm back for good;) We have some decent stuff up here....most of it is pretty easy tho, makes for a lot more fun in the snow:D

black89xj said:
Yeah, I am considering that, concerned about paved road handling.

--Karl

There were some that actually came without rear swaybars originally. I know I couldn't tell a difference in handling (even on the emergency vehicle course) when I removed mine. :)

ECKSJAY said:
There were some that actually came without rear swaybars originally. I know I couldn't tell a difference in handling (even on the emergency vehicle course) when I removed mine. :)

So, will removing it improve rear axle articulation?

black89xj said:

VASTLY

:)

Was the second mod I did to my XJ after I got it (within a week of purchase). First was that damned annoying buzzer for the door. :D

black89xj said:
Yes! My 99 came stock without a rear sway bar. Freeway driving is a little different (not much) but all-in-all, it's a decent drive.

Mine came with one on the rear I didn`t notice much difference in normal driving,doing curved roads fast is when I noticed a difference. With the front disconnected you will really notice a diff.
WHEN and WHERE is the NEXT NW FEST going to be and Is it going to be OREGON or IDAHO ? :wave:

hards91xj said:
WHEN and WHERE is the NEXT NW FEST going to be and Is it going to be OREGON or IDAHO ? :wave:

I vote for Tillimook National Forest.

Michael

Tillamook sounds fun. But the drive would suck. Speed limit too slow if I remember correctly.

JMotorsprt said:
Tillamook sounds fun. But the drive would suck. Speed limit too slow if I remember correctly.

What are you complaining about "drive would suck". I live two and half hours above you. :twak:

Yea lets do it. But we need people from the area to set this up. :wantyou:

Hans

Then you know what I mean. The only route I have taken to Tillamook is through Cannon Beach.

Here are a few of my pictures. I have dial-up so I am only going to post a few.

Matt, do they sell tires narrow then yours?? Your tires make me hungry for pizza.
113_1354.jpg

Mark take the FAR right line again, RISKY.
6a4210ae.jpg

John is lov'in the rocks. Valant effort John.
113_1375.jpg

Wheeling in Washington is SO boring. Talk about scenery.
113_1372.jpg

Walter does Moonrocks:
114_1405.jpg

Must have over inflated that right rear tire. Seems to be floating away.
113_1376.jpg

Hans

Great pictures, Hans!

--Karl
-----------
If Yakima is the "Palm Springs of Washington", does that make the Tri-Cities it's "Death Valley"?

I'd be down for TSF, I could be there in an hour and a half or so. I've never been there but have been wanting to. Just waiting to get a few things done on the XJ first (front tow points, spare tire, etc.) and then gonna see if I can get someone to go show me around a bit. I haven't wheeled much and purposly overbuilt for the skill I'm at so I just want to start out playing on the easier stuff.

Okay, I just GOTTA bump this thread up. There were NINETEEN rigs there and a WHOLE BUNCH of us taking Pictures...WHERE ARE THE PICTURES???

Back