• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northwest Fest Pictures Go Here

On Friday I led the moderate group, with Los Lobos navigating from the tail gunner position. They were adventurous types though, so we headed up Kaner.
SUNP0063.jpg

SUNP0067.jpg

SUNP0071.jpg

SUNP0076.jpg

SUNP0082.jpg

SUNP0093.jpg

SUNP0096.jpg

SUNP0101.jpg

Eventually we made it up to Funny Rocks.
SUNP0110.jpg

Then we went to Moon Rocks.
Sorry I only got pictures of my own pile.
SUNP0123.jpg

SUNP0121.jpg

SUNP0129.jpg

It looked like a doable line.
SUNP0167-1.jpg

But was a no go.
SUNP0173-1.jpg

I broke a hub and had to be winched out. Thankfully everyone in the Friday moderate group came to the rescue. One broke an axle joint in the process. That ended my day, and left me with a funny angle on my steering wheel and two broken hubs. Again, thanks to those who helped(I'm terrible with names).

Last edited:
On Saturday I led a hard run up Kaner to Manastash Ridge to Shoestring to Tipover to Tripod Flat to Summit, to the rocks. It would've gone smoother if Los Lobos didn't have to run a damaged rig back to camp. He's 1000 times better navigator than me. Between my son and I, we were able to endeavor to persevere.
Most of the pictures didn't turn out.
SUNP0180.jpg

SUNP0181-1.jpg

SUNP0184.jpg

SUNP0185-1.jpg

SUNP0188.jpg

SUNP0189.jpg

SUNP0200-1.jpg

Shortly after we got to the rocks, this happened.
SUNP0201-1.jpg

With Los Lobos coordinating the rescue three winches worked together to get the job done.
SUNP0206-1.jpg

SUNP0204-1.jpg

SUNP0208-1.jpg

SUNP0215-1.jpg

That's it until I get the rest uploaded.

Last edited:
Yea, thanks for showing us all around. Its sad that I live 45 minutes away and only knew how to get to the rocks taking milk creek then back. And thanks again for helping me out.

Yes it was. I wish I would've taken some pics of you going over the big rocks. That trail (Shoestring I think) really rattles the brain.

Are you talking about the section you guys thought I cracked my diff? I got pics of that but I was there a little late so no pictures of him making that tight corner.

Are you talking about the section you guys thought I cracked my diff? I got pics of that but I was there a little late so no pictures of him making that tight corner.

That's the spot. You're welcome on the winching. I just wish I had been there to see the show leading up to the winching. Maybe next time.:gee:

Nicely done NORTHWEST EX JAY SCOTT

scottsteamy.jpg

ravensroostpano.jpg

ravensroostmntn.jpg

mewashout.jpg

katrinawashout.jpg

darrenfunnyrocks.jpg

upthecrack.jpg

upthecrack2.jpg

dustinwashout.jpg

memoon.jpg

For the record, I'd popped the bead on the passenger front and need a winch out to try to save my wheel. It worked until dustin tried to flip me with his winch. Thanks to Rod and Dustin for the winching and everybody else (except Dustin) for spotting and Rory for jumping in and helping reset the tire.

winchingup.jpg

moonrocksrj.jpg

Tow points?

You see that thing? He was just planning on leaving it there if it get stuck :explosion

Seriously though, he flipped the drivers side tow hook bracket. The hook is up next to the frame. And it works fine, I used it to pull him out once.

There are wheels attached to the tow points.

ORLY??

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1021063

Vehicle Requirements: NWF is open to all vehicles. We'll have runs for all setups. Here's a list of items that all vehicles need to have.

- Full size spare tire*
- First aid kit
- Fire Extinguisher (visibly charged)
- Secured Battery (no bungees to arc out)
- Front tow point
- Rear tow point
- Tow strap with no metal hooks

For the record, he didn't show up for tech inspection or fill out the form. :)

ORLY??

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1021063

Vehicle Requirements: NWF is open to all vehicles. We'll have runs for all setups. Here's a list of items that all vehicles need to have.

- Full size spare tire*
- First aid kit
- Fire Extinguisher (visibly charged)
- Secured Battery (no bungees to arc out)
- Front tow point
- Rear tow point
- Tow strap with no metal hooks

I don't think it technically defines a "tow point" and does not exclude using an axle as a tow point.

Back