• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northwest Fest 2005 Naches WA

Northwest Fest Date

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I might be interested in going along on this one! How difficult is the trail? (Forget I asked that, I just needed to read all the posts)
For us newbies to Naches, a point of reference on mapquest.com might help! Just post a link here...

Thanks

(License Plate)
"IF YOU CAN'T STOP, SMILE AS YOU GO UNDER!"

90 XJ 4.0L I6 Auto
11" Lift, Rustys Longarm Kit, Leafs, Coils, Shackles, OTK Steering, Dual Stab, 4.56 Gears, D30/Ford 8.8, Eaton E-Locker (rear), K&N Cold Air Intake, 35X12.50 BFG MT KM's on Eagle Alloy 15X10's, 6-States Driveshaft, Cracked Windshield, tree damage, oxidation...
Inland Northwest Adventures.com

Last edited:
If you plan on wheeling the rig that's in your sig. line, you will have NO problem with most everything out there. Probably the only thing you couldn't get in to are some of the harder lines at FUnny Rocks that NO full-bodied rigs get into.

John

Avanteone said:
If you plan on wheeling the rig that's in your sig. line, you will have NO problem with most everything out there. Probably the only thing you couldn't get in to are some of the harder lines at FUnny Rocks that NO full-bodied rigs get into.

John

Thanks, Good to know... I may have to make an appearance!
I will continue to monitor this forum as the date approaches.
(License Plate)
"IF YOU CAN'T STOP, SMILE AS YOU GO UNDER!"

90 XJ 4.0L I6 Auto
11" Lift, Rustys Longarm Kit, OTK Steering, 4.56 Gears, D30/Ford 8.8, Eaton E-Locker (rear), K&N Cold Air Intake, 35X12.50 BFG MT KM's on Eagle Alloy 15X10's, 6-States Driveshaft, Cracked Windshield, tree damage, oxidation...
Inland Northwest Adventures.com
ELKWA02052005-JUMP.jpg

Last edited:
I live in yakima so if anyone is coming up early let me know and i can meet you and help you around.

Dingo

You mean this trip right Phil?

3433277923232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E37%3B%3E843%3EWSNRCG%3D323287%3C9%3A5465nu0mrj

I still remember that trip, I think that's the most body damage I have ever incurred while wheeling, and the best burger I have had while wheeling! :D

railroadjeep said:
You mean this trip right Phil?

3433277923232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E37%3B%3E843%3EWSNRCG%3D323287%3C9%3A5465nu0mrj

I still remember that trip, I think that's the most body damage I have ever incurred while wheeling, and the best burger I have had while wheeling! :D

Hahaha, yeah. Classic!

Watched some folks with dinky tires take huge hits that day. :) Then there was that one kid (can't remember whom) who lost a Bushwacker flare on the way there...and like 2 more on the trail. Expensive loss, but a lesson that those flimsy plastic things shatter like glass on roots!

Dingo509 said:
I live in yakima so if anyone is coming up early let me know and i can meet you and help you around.

Dingo

dingo, where in yakima?

ladywolf said:
dingo, where in yakima?

If you know the area im kinda south east of the college. Are you from yakima?

Dingo

I really want to go on this run. I can easily get time off work to go on it. The only problem I have is finding someone to go with me or meeting someone to take me to the trail head and what not.

My dad is a U.S. Forest Service officers whose counterpartner runs the naches area so he may take me up ther sometime to check it out.

Anyone know the name of the route the trails are on?

And how much is there to do for a kid sitting on 3" and 31" tires?
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure I'll go if you guys will let me tag along.

I've heard that the some of the trails are verry tight and that I might have a problem with my width, 82". I don't care about body damage so it's not a big deal as long as I can get my tires through the trees. I can just play on the rocks I guess.

CW said:
I've heard that the some of the trails are verry tight and that I might have a problem with my width, 82". I don't care about body damage so it's not a big deal as long as I can get my tires through the trees. I can just play on the rocks I guess.

This is true. I know of a couple of spots you'd have a very difficult time making it past. ;)

Avanteone said:
There really are VERY few spots that are really tight. I've run into K5 blazers and Ramchargers and other assorted full size rigs on most of the trails out there.

John

Man, I hope that people didn't cut down trees or put in bypasses at some of those places. There were spots where an XJ would rub both door handles at the same time going through... It has been a while since we've been over there though.

Hello all,
I'm just signing in after getting my 01 XJ last Sept. This event sounds great. I hope to get my rig prepped by then.
Anyone done some wheeling up in the Okanogan or Colville Forests? Most places I know are right along the north end between 395 and 97.

Stipulations??
What are you asking?

Back