• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Normal Flowkooler Characteristics?

themauler

NAXJA Forum User
To those who run a flowkooler waterpump on their 4.0s

Do the radiator and heater core hoses come to a very high pressure pretty quickly? After warm up the hoses are pretty tight when I give them a squeeze. I can't really convince myself that the pressure should be that much but the engine temps are perfect all the time. There are no head gasket issues. Just making sure I am not going crazy :roll:

Nick

Water pumps don't generate any significant pressure. If hoses are tight, that's due to thermal expansion of the water as the engine warms up, which is normal.

Water pumps don't generate any significant pressure. If hoses are tight, that's due to thermal expansion of the water as the engine warms up, which is normal.

I was thinking pressure in general. Pressure equals opening area times velocity. The flowkooler pump definitely adds velocity therefore the pressure should increase.

I wasn’t sure if people generally agree with that in this sort of system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back