• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noobs, Beggingers, IMPORTANT

Blaine B. said:
Invest in a FSM?

I believe they are floating around these days if you catch my drift.......

Your drift is fine, but I think your anchor is a little loose...

All kidding aside, FSMs can be found on ebay fairly easily, there are a couple of companies that do reprints of the older ones that aren't available from Tech Authority anymore (Books For Cars comes to mind - www.books4cars.com, I think,) and those who are skilled in the Way of Google can turn things up as well. You won't find links here - we have standing orders to report/delete things like that due to copyright laws.

5-90 said:
Your drift is fine, but I think your anchor is a little loose...

All kidding aside, FSMs can be found on ebay fairly easily, there are a couple of companies that do reprints of the older ones that aren't available from Tech Authority anymore (Books For Cars comes to mind - www.books4cars.com, I think,) and those who are skilled in the Way of Google can turn things up as well. You won't find links here - we have standing orders to report/delete things like that due to copyright laws.

I like the FSM too, but he is awfully short of mechanical advice, being supernatural and all.

flying-spaghetti-monster-pin.gif

Awesome thread, thanks needsrepair and 5-90. Great advise. I started snooping around this site a few years ago and there is more information and advise than I can consume.

For all those noobs, I think this one post will make your XJ and NAXJA experience far more rewarding. And do what almost everyone in this thread has suggested and buy a Factory Service Manual (FSM). It will be the best sixty bucks you will ever spend on your XJ. It cost what a tank of gas is going for these days and you will have it for the life of your JEEP. If you save yourself one trip to the repair shop, or, more likley, save you the cost of one part that really wasn't the problem, it will have paid for itself, and it WILL do it over end over again. And as it has been said before, it will help you do it right the first time.

another vote to make this a sticky :cheers:

Back