• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No more MJ

I guess this means we have another lift party coming up? Sorry to hear about your Jeep Phil. At least you have your break to go shopping for a new ride. Maybe with the extra insurance money you can score those 24 inch spinners that I know you always wanted. :)

I hadn't noticed the injectors leaking, but that doesn't mean they weren't.

And forget the 24" spinners, I wanna get some 30" wheels and turn my MT/Rs into Low-pro's! :bling:

Nothin says big pimpin like 30 in of chrome and 2.5 inches of armor-alled sidewall. :)

letterman your $500 rig would be such a loss. :D

sorry phil. my mj will have a talk with the jeep gods.

Kernel said:
letterman your $500 rig would be such a loss. :D

sorry phil. my mj will have a talk with the jeep gods.
Yeah, but it is not just the $$, it is the time you spend working/wheeling it.

Thanks everybody. I got a call from the insurance agent working my case. They want to give me $2901.69 for my truck. :rolleyes: I think I'll take the truck back and strip it. MJ trailer anyone?

Phil Weeks said:
Thanks everybody. I got a call from the insurance agent working my case. They want to give me $2901.69 for my truck. :rolleyes: I think I'll take the truck back and strip it. MJ trailer anyone?

did you try the old line that thats not good enough, but you may be willing to settle if they let you keep it?

I was in class and so I had my phone turned off. Got out of class at 5:55, checked voicemails, and he said he was in the office until 6:00. I'm going to call first thing in the morning.

Phil Weeks said:
I was in class and so I had my phone turned off. Got out of class at 5:55, checked voicemails, and he said he was in the office until 6:00. I'm going to call first thing in the morning.
See what the salvage cost is that you can buy it back for. Then have them subtract that from what the guy quoted you and build another rig with it. That's 1 option, but there is alot of stuff you have on it, more than $2K that you can reuse. Try playing hardball a little and see if you can get more for it. Check kbb.com or other sources and see if the blue book is around the # he gave you. I wish you the best.

Used retail is $3,520 according to kbb.com, and used private party is $2,280 in good condition. That would leave $620 for all the mods. I know they're not an investment, but seriously. That's like 3 MT/Rs, maybe 4 if you know where to go.

You should be able to buy it back for a couple hundred dollars at least, ZPD will know more about that than I do. If you get in a jam and cannot find a good one maybe give me a call about mine. I am buying some other trucks these upcoming weeks so my MJ may be retired.

Ya I just read it all and wow! I give you props my good amigo. So what was the outcome of it all since than? And what have you learned or done again? (I'm getting me an extinguisher asap!!)

Damn! That is Sh*tty! Was the drive train still usable? I have a fire extinguisher in my rig, but thats cause i usually transport a good amount of ammo when i go shooting, plus all the extra fluids, gas can, etc I keep on or in the vehicle. Never can be to careful.

Ya I just read it all and wow! I give you props my good amigo. So what was the outcome of it all since than? And what have you learned or done again? (I'm getting me an extinguisher asap!!)

I have a small extinguisher on the driver's side of Green Junk and a large on the passenger side. I didn't have it long enough to learn much about the platform, exactly one run with the lift, gears, and tires. Like two runs stock.

All the lessons about the platform have come from Green Junk. :D

Damn! That is Sh*tty! Was the drive train still usable? I have a fire extinguisher in my rig, but thats cause i usually transport a good amount of ammo when i go shooting, plus all the extra fluids, gas can, etc I keep on or in the vehicle. Never can be to careful.

The axles are under Green Junk. Lift kit went to KarlM, don't know if he ever put it on. Intake manifold melted, sent the motor, transmission, and t-case to the junkyard with the body. With the 20" of extra wheelbase over an XJ, I didn't have a fixed yoke on the t-case, no money invested. There might still be pictures of the MJ on XJDB. One of the MT/Rs got charred but still held air two months later. America's Tire warrantied it for me.

Back