• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No it’s not finished, 87 XJ 4.6 stroker, PSD D60 and 10.5

Disregard the fuel rail :)

Not a very big update but I got these plates done in both sides There is a ton of bends up there it was annoying. If I'm not done with the wells tomorrow I'm selling the jeep! kidding only 4 plates to seal up each side and they should be simple ish... I have to finish welding, my first time welding upside down and in a tight space was hard to get a bead going. Wire speed is on the lowest setting and if I don't have the right angle it pushes. I'll sand before I weld next time too lol.

IMG_20140201_181831_zpsuz507vpm.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see your finally working on this! Hopefully you get it finished soon! Any plans to come back up the PNW?

Glad to see your finally working on this! Hopefully you get it finished soon! Any plans to come back up the PNW?
Aside from a NW Fest I don't think so, I've got a good thing going here and I'm hoping to open my own business next year. That and the sun is nice :).

Back side of the taillights are finished. Unsure about cutting that corner off on the bottom we'll see how it looks with the bumper on.
IMG_20140206_124142_zps0az1vyu0.jpg

Only one piece left on that stupid wheel well. I cleaned up the right well and got it painted. Also cleaned up some of the cage. Getting really tired of seeing that rust.
I put my bumper on, I guess jeeps are one of those things that look sexier with more clothes on. I found a rats nest in my "frame" rail, had a bunch of feathers, some snake skin, and probably some disease.
Here's a booty shot with the completed well.
IMG_5701_zps740c0098.jpg

I picked up a wire brush set from HF for my angle grinder. Also got their newer version of the 10$ grinder ( #60625). The new version seems to run with a lot less vibes, the switch is also easier to turn on one handed.
The wire brush set is nice I should of got it a long time ago. Cleans everything up real quick only got hit with one wire. I was watching it unravel too, should of clipped it. :)

Do not purchase angle grinder #69645 it's being phased out at my hf. I've had two one knocks and sounds like it's going to disassemble itself at high speed in my hand. The other died as I stated earlier. They also have the worst switches of any angle grinder I've had yet.

My last plate!
IMG_5714_zps8570d9aa.jpg

32 pieces later It's complete, sanded down what's left of the rust and spray foamed the gaps. Waiting for it to dry now so I can cut it and put sealer over the foam.

Next up, Gas tank. I want to lift it a little higher and add angle iron to protect it from the sharp edges. I think I'll make my own angle iron out of 16 gauge since I have a bender and 52 square feet of the stuff left.
Only other use I have is tube flares which will be after I get wheeling again.

IMG_5716_zps1d8c597e.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up some wheels today and got my tires mounted. :D

It's a good idea not to buy x18" tires no matter how cheap you find them wheel selection sucks and beadlock prices are insane.
Simlocks until these tires die :(

Maybe the local PD will get used to seeing me with simlocks and not hassle me when I get real ones :D
IMG_20140219_162602_zpspxouopds.jpg

House crap has impeded my flow quite a bit.
I decided to roll on some bedliner now since everything else is out. I think have enough left for a second coat and probably one coat over the tranny tunnel.
One thing I definitely recommend is a GOOD foam roller. I got mine from walmart it was the only one they had and it was cheap. It doesn't roll much after a while since it separates from the plastic on the inside.
I'm using rustoleum beliner, can't say much about it except it ended up being a lot thicker than I expected when applying. Had good reviews on amazon.
IMG_20140308_135700_zpsfe7cbd2f.jpg

Picking up my stock gas tank skid on monday so I can cut it and drop it in from the top. I wish I had a torch but the angle grinder will have to do. :(

Last edited:
I only had a few bare metal spots and I used a rattle can primer on them. Otherwise I just sanded the paint with an orbital and used a 7447 Scotch brite on areas I couldn't get with the sander. After sanding I wiped it down with a degreaser 4 times because crap kept managing to get in there :).

I cut some holes, Seems I have underestimated the jigsaw. I was given one but it has sat in a box for a year. I used it on the rear hole.

Anyway I need I way to protect my reservoir from douchebags any ideas?

IMG_20140311_191529_zps8b198ba9.jpg

Last edited:
Put one of those cheesy giant hood scoops.

Re: Re: No it’s not finished, 87 XJ 4.6 stroker, PSD D60 and 10.5

Put one of those cheesy giant hood scoops.

I was thinking about making a small rear facing scoop like a cowl induction but I didn't think it was going to stick up 4 inches.

Now I'm thinking of running a thin cable over the top and using a wingnut to keep it tight. Hopefully someone will have a better idea.

Cover it with a fiberglass cover that has a tach on it like the old road runners still mopar :)

Back