• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Elec. Fan

not sure if this will help or not, but on my 94 the fan would not come on, the ac did not work wither, i jumped the wires at the low pressure switch on the ac and the fan came on, after if charged my ac system the fan works good, as soon as the tem gauge hits 210 or so the fan kicks on, even if the ac is off

Got any more info, where the switch is and what wires to jumper?

No luck on the ECM, someone beat me to it. Knew I should have grabbed it a couple weeks ago.

I have a 98 ecu for a 4.0 auto if you're interested. I'm currently using a 97 ecu in my 96 and it won't turn on the a/c compressor. Yesterday, I pushed in a 4.6K ohm resistor on the cts and my e-fan cut on at 210-215 instead of 230(late so I know I need to buy a new cts). Today I disco'd the compressor wire and alligatored it to the battery to verify that the a/c does work(good at that). I already swapped relays around and the fuses are good, so for some reason 97 and 98 ecus in a 96 can't turn on the a/c compressor.

Back