• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Cruise or Cabin Fan Control after Header Replacement?

zerogspacecow

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced my header yesterday with an APN. Everything seems to be operating correctly, it's running well and idling right at 750rpm.

However, I've noticed two things:

Cruise Control no longer works. When I push the on/off button, the "Cruise Control" light on the dash turns on, but pushing the "set" button doesn't do anything.

Also, the fan position control for the cabin doesn't work. I'm referring to the knob that changes which vents the air goes through and if the A/C is on. Basically, the fan will turn on/off, but no matter what position it's in the air will only come out of the windshield vents.

Any idea what I did wrong? I don't see any connections that are loose, but maybe you guys can help me narrow it down? Thanks!

The vaccume ball has become disconnected. Check the hard line that goes up the pass side of the engine bay and curves around the back of the motor.

The vaccume ball has become disconnected. Check the hard line that goes up the pass side of the engine bay and curves around the back of the motor.

Yep, that was it! Looks like I must not have put in on all the way, as it had popped back off. I put it back on, and the fan control is working fine now! I haven't tested the cruise control (I'm at work), but I'll check it in a few hours on my lunch break.

Thanks so much for your help! :kissyou:

Back