• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"no bus" after wiring swap

Also, to make sure I'm addressing your specific requests from post #53:

Try using an Ohmmeter from pin cavity 4 then 5 at the DLC to chassis ground and see if you have continuity to G102.

- Yes. I performed this test in two ways. #1 - used a chassis ground near me. #2 - ran the multimeter all the way to G102 and to the pin cavity 4/5. Both failed. Then did the same two tests to E7 on C100 (which should be where one of the grounds from G102 goes) and it worked. Then I did the same to A1 (which my wiring schematic also says should go to G102) and it failed.

When checking for power at DLC Cav 16, did you try using the dash structure, or some other chassis structure, as the ground for your meter?

- D. All of the above. I even ran the ground from the multimeter all the way back to G102 for shi_s and giggles, and no dice. Then I used all the same grounds to E6 on C100, which I believe is the same power source intended to go to the headlamp switch which eventually is suppose to lead to DLC, and it worked. Which is why I believe there's something wrong in either the headlamp switch, or between the headlamp switch and the DLC.

- D. All of the above. I even ran the ground from the multimeter all the way back to G102 for shi_s and giggles, and no dice. Then I used all the same grounds to E6 on C100, which I believe is the same power source intended to go to the headlamp switch which eventually is suppose to lead to DLC, and it worked. Which is why I believe there's something wrong in either the headlamp switch, or between the headlamp switch and the DLC.

Which side of C100 are you testing? When you test for power @ E6, backprobe the engine side, then the body side of the connector.
Results?

Last edited:
So, I had some time to compare C100 between 98 and 2000.
Way different pin-outs.

one example is circuit #F34.. the power to the DLC. in 98, its in pin A18. 2000 its E6.

Thats just one of about 14 mis-matched circuits that I see just scanning between the two.

Fortunately, it looks as though the circuit positions that don't match plug into blank areas, and the positions that do match, are the same circuits between the two years.

Last edited:
WOOT! I'm a lot closer. I had to reseat all the pins on the body side of the C100, and I was finally able to get power the cluster, headlamp is working, etc. Got the motor started too. Runs like $hit, but no codes, so its likely when I put the Camshaft Position Sensor in I didn't have TDC quite right ... sucks not having timing marks because I suck at gauging when the piston is at its highest point ... the heater control isn't working, but I'm guessing thats just more of the same ... the connections on C100 not reaching 100%.

And yea, 98-00 is very different. While its totally possible to swap to a '98, there were a LOT of differences ... sensors/plugs, C100, etc. I'm just going to stick with the 00+ setup and just work out the issues I've been experiencing.

Thanks for all the help!

Back