• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NO brake pedal!

mrbill3 said:
I have a thought. Switch to decaf. Also we understand your frustration, but you will probably get more help by not being such an ass.

Now everyone has said it and I will say it again...re-bleed the brakes, only this time do it right.

1. Be sure the fluid res. is full.
2. Open the bleed screw and have someone step on the pedal(slowly).
3. Close the bleed valve.
4. Have the helper release the pedal(slowly).
5. Repeat steps 1 thru 4 until there is some pedal pressure and no air coming out.
6. Move on to the next wheel and start over.

Start at the farthest wheel from the MC and work your way to the closest wheel. If this does not solve the problem or it won't hold pressure you either have a small leak or a bad MC

I have done that 3 times over on your guys recomendations so i hope you understand my fustration now OK!!!!!!!!!!!

old_man said:
If you run the hose into a bottle of brake fluid, you can keep pumping over and over until the bubbles are no longer coming, but you are supposed to close it and work up the pressure to make sure it is bled.

I'm lazy, I have a electric vacuum bleeder I made. All I have to do is hook up the hose to the bleed screw and open the screw. Ideally someone stays up top to keep the MC filled. It is the lazy mans way.

I never got any air in the lines suprisingly. And where can i pick up one of these electric vaccums???????

If you can, clamp off the brake lines (with out damaging them). If you need them, NAPA should have these little aluminum block like clamps.
Clamp off all three rubber lines and check the pedal. If it goes to the floor, you have a bad MC. If you get a hard pedal, remove one clamp and try it again. Keep going till you lose the pedal. That will tell you where the problem is.

LittleAnthony88 said:
And where can i pick up one of these electric vaccums???????
I got my vacuum brake bleeder from the Snap On truck. :) It works off of a compressor. Sweet.

Kyung

Motornoggin said:
If you can, clamp off the brake lines (with out damaging them). If you need them, NAPA should have these little aluminum block like clamps.
Clamp off all three rubber lines and check the pedal. If it goes to the floor, you have a bad MC. If you get a hard pedal, remove one clamp and try it again. Keep going till you lose the pedal. That will tell you where the problem is.

sounds like a good idea. Ill give it a shot.

LittleAnthony88 said:
I never got any air in the lines suprisingly. And where can i pick up one of these electric vaccums???????
I'm not sure about Old_Man's setup, but I used continuous vacuum pump and a brake bleed jar. Attach the jar to the bleeding with a rubber hose, this input should have a hose that goes to the bottom of the jar. Attach the pump to the jar, this input shouldn't have a hose, so you can't pull fluid into the pump. Open bleader and turn it on, and make sure you're quick to pour fluid in, mine pulls about 8oz a minute.
my pump came from a fiberglass vacuum system I had lieing around for model airplanes, it is continuous duty cycle and pulls a constant 7in of Hg. I've seen similar vacuum pumps used in medical applications, and in hobby airbrush kits. I use a Christmas light extension cord, so I have a switch handy.

old_man said:
OK, one last question. How did you get pedal pressure while bleeding the brakes. Bleeding the brakes consists bleeding the fluid until you get a hard pedal.

That is why everybody keeps harping on bleeding the brakes. Yes, like I said, if you are unable to get rid of the problem by bleeding, you need a new MC.

I think you hit the nail on the head......while bleeding any side; the pedal stayed the same, (NO PRESSURE!). The pedal remains soft no matter what so i think your right.....MC change time!

Back