• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NJ Underground Soap Box Racing

tm999xxx

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys its been a while since i posted here but i know a bunch of jeep guys are fabricators and into free fun. Check it out. Watch the video link for the type of soapbox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VLjH-SvPik

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY ....Oct 28th Monthly Race for the NJUSBF
7:00am Race Time
6:45am drivers meeting
Location TBA (hint between 78 and 22 Somerset county) Apprx 30 miles from NYC

basic ass site i made in 10min http://www.lbisunsetrental.com/njusbf.com/

Rules:
4 wheels
Steering
No sharp ends
brakes (a must)
NO testing of the course!!!!

2nd Race will be Nov. 4th so dont worry if you cant get you kart together in time!!

Course OB1 : 1.4 mile (4 More to follow will be added in next couple days)
CourseO1.jpg

Course REZONE : one mile
CouseR1Lengthcrop.jpg

vetteboy said:
That looks great! I'd totally dig something like that.

Is suspension allowed?

Dont let him in, he's gonna show up with a cart on coilovers with power steering and brakes.

Is suspension allowed?

pretty much anything is allowed ... i run 2" springs in an over sized shackle on the spindles (very basic) but functional

Hey guys...Just wanted to bump this up... We've had a bunch of races already and I know some of you jeep guys would be into this..

Video are up on youtube,,, Search NJUSBF (new jersey underground soapbox federation) ... monthly races are going on...Locations change each month... Hope to see some new racers out there..

the last race was very close to you too! ... there are a couple hills around your area that we use... Most are very fast and used towards the end of the season to make sure the racers have a bunch of mellower runs under their belt before storming the streets of sussex.

sign up for the newsletter on the website if your interested in getting more info on the races and locations.

njusbf.com

that really does look awesome. looks like a ton of fun...i'll be searching around here for some hills like that, although i'm not too hopeful... looks like some great areas you guys have come across in the youtube videos i looked through and watched. hmm. yeah, i definitely feel the desire to start looking around here for a good spot or two haha. looks like an awesome time...

If my back wasnt shot i would be there! that looks like a blast. I used to do that same thing in INdiana when i was younger. maybe when i am done with recovery and all that stuff i will give it another shot. the worst that ever happend to me when i did the on road soap box was broken ankle and several hundred dollars in fines hehe. cant be any worse then bronc riding for my back though and they said i would be able to do that again also. hehe. so i will have a year to design my cart hehe. i hope to be there next year.

sean

ok this is by far the dumbest most childish thing I've ever seen............. How do I join

I can't stop thinking about doing this, can't wait to see the next video

I saw that I think discovery channel is doing a show on this stuff.

Great times. I made it out to one as a spectator. Just can't seem to find the time to set up another run. Kids, work and toys.

I saw that I think discovery channel is doing a show on this stuff.

Yeah, It was on Wreckcreation Nation last night, good show. This is too cool, we used to do this as kids (pre-teens). We built go-carts out of wood and raced them down the road in front of my parents house. We didn't need brakes back then, we just went into the neighbors yards.

Hmmm....I have a welder now....

Back