• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nick Hogan Wrecks His Supra in a Work Zone

drifting is not racing.
racing has an objective time measurement to determine a winner.

Drifting is all subjective.
drifting=ice skating
ice skating=gay
therefore
drifting=gay.

87manche said:
drifting=ice skating
ice skating=gay
therefore
drifting=gay.
Well, by that analysis, Mike Metzger's back to back backflips spanning 40 and 80 feet respectively on his dirtbike are also gay. So is professional skateboarding, snowboarding, freestyle skiing, etc.

IMHO, as long as they call it what it is, ie: 'looking cool in a cool looking shiny car with lots of stickers, huge horsepower and smoking tires', then who cares what they do?

:D

87manche said:
drifting is not racing.
racing has an objective time measurement to determine a winner.

drifting=ice skating
ice skating=gay
therefore
drifting=gay.

Plus, it's just fawkin' stupid.

Beej said:
Well, by that analysis, Mike Metzger's back to back backflips spanning 40 and 80 feet respectively on his dirtbike are also gay. So is professional skateboarding, snowboarding, freestyle skiing, etc.

IMHO, as long as they call it what it is, ie: 'looking cool in a cool looking shiny car with lots of stickers, huge horsepower and smoking tires', then who cares what they do?

Oh, come on Beej. Don't tempt me into a list of stupid. I don't have the time. I've got other threads to monitor.

Really. Who cares if they do it. It's organized donuts in a parking lot. They buy up stuff like tornados,esuperchargers and shiny exhoust tips. What else are you supposed to do with a souped up rice burner? Really in the end we benifit also because the after market makes money and the research trickles down into parts we can all use to make are stuff better. Never bash moter sports of any kind because we are involved in one. Just snicker and move on.

Beej said:
But I really do want to lower my XJ to -3", kill the 4wd and just drift it all night long listening to Linkin Park...

Don't kill the 4wd. Drifting in 4wd is twice the fun.

If fact, go find ya' a deuce and a half and drift 6x6.

Stumpalump said:
Really. Who cares if they do it. It's organized donuts in a parking lot. They buy up stuff like tornados,esuperchargers and shiny exhoust tips. What else are you supposed to do with a souped up rice burner? Really in the end we benifit also because the after market makes money and the research trickles down into parts we can all use to make are stuff better. Never bash moter sports of any kind because we are involved in one. Just snicker and move on.

1) It's stupid.
2) They think they're cool.
3) 1 + 2 = pathetic.

They should all be targeted by a Darwinian hit squad before we're overrun with stupid little drifting tard rugrats.

XJ Dreamin' said:
Don't kill the 4wd. Drifting in 4wd is twice the fun.

If fact, go find ya' a deuce and a half and drift 6x6.

You've been watching First Blood reruns on cable again, haven't you?

I love how 99% of the people calling drifting stupid have never been around or seen drifting in person or even been in a car an attempt it. People like you crack me up to no extend because you have no idea what you are talking about.

But that does suck about hogan's friend man, he's definitely going to be in some deep poo poo but I'm sure his father will bail him out somehow just like every other rich poo poo in this world.

XJ Dreamin' said:
No. Leave it alone!

Ah, but it would be sooo easy...

No! Walk away. It's not worthy of your talents.

Come on. Just one shot. Please.

I said, No! He didn't know what he was typing. Just leave the poor Hogan watcher alone. It's not nice to pick on someone just because they watch Hogan.

Awww. You never let me have any fun.

Don't start whining. I'll send you to your room.
Have you seen the show? Its rather funny to watch. When you have nothing else to do, its one of those mtv shows that you can just laugh at the pointless entertainment.

That and the daughter is hot:cool:

She only seems hot if you look at photos like this one:
2zq4uj9.jpg

The problem is, a closeup of her fugly-ass face kills it quickly...

62o1rpg.jpg

matt6669 said:
I love how 99% of the people calling drifting stupid have never been around or seen drifting in person or even been in a car an attempt it. People like you crack me up to no extend because you have no idea what you are talking about.

I know exactly what drifting is. Just because a car can be made to do something stupid does not make it less stupid. The fact that people think it's cool does not make them smart, or the driver cool.

Starboard M said:
Have you seen the show? Its rather funny to watch. When you have nothing else to do, its one of those mtv shows that you can just laugh at the pointless entertainment.

That and the daughter is hot:cool:

I saw 15 minutes once. The daughter was going to become a singer. It was so boring my autonomic system nearly shut down. I changed the channel just before I passed from asphyxia.

matt6669 said:

seen it, rode in a car powerful enough to do it on the track.

it has no point, it's all subjective.
might as well make it an olympic sport like syncronized swimming.

I mean come on, they don't even have an objective way to declare a winner. Just "judges" that write down how cool the run was.

I wonder if there are any french or russian judges, if so, I could become the drift champion with enough money.

Beej said:

I disagree with you for two reasons.

The first is that you're a canuck, so you can't be right.

The second is that at least snowboarding/skateboarders and the like have actual blueprints for tricks. Everyone knows what a 940 is. It's like diving, people know what a dive is supposed to look like.
Until the drifters come up with some measurable standard to score by, the whole thing is pointless.

Dirt Track!
That's the original "drifting". At least it's racing anyway. And you know who the winner really is when it's all said and done.
This other crap is just a waste of tires and fast cars. Take it back to Japan.

dphillips said:
Dirt Track!
That's the original "drifting". At least it's racing anyway. And you know who the winner really is when it's all said and done.
This other crap is just a waste of tires and fast cars. Take it back to Japan.

Thank you. I had thought of pointing this out earlier, but really, drifting on pavement is just so stupid that it really shouldn't need to be explained.

Back