• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NH - Class 3 and Forest Roads

auswee

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting this in the right area.

I've been searching Google here and there for a list of Class 3 and White Mountain Nat'l Forest Roads in New Hampshire that are acceptable for wheeling without really coming up with anything definitive.

So in the interest of trying to put something together, I'm hoping that some folks can chime in if you have any Class 3 road notes or any information about any of these roads maintained by the US Forest Service:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/white_mountain/conditions/roads_status.php

If anyone in NH (or ME, VT, or MA) wants to try and help document the accessibility of some of these fire roads this spring, I guess this would be as good a place as any to start.

What do ya'll think?

Cheers,

Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting this in the right area.

I've been searching Google here and there for a list of Class 3 and White Mountain Nat'l Forest Roads in New Hampshire that are acceptable for wheeling without really coming up with anything definitive.

So in the interest of trying to put something together, I'm hoping that some folks can chime in if you have any Class 3 road notes or any information about any of these roads maintained by the US Forest Service:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/white_mountain/conditions/roads_status.php

If anyone in NH (or ME, VT, or MA) wants to try and help document the accessibility of some of these fire roads this spring, I guess this would be as good a place as any to start.

What do ya'll think?

Cheers,

Pretty much all of those roads are drivable with a car.

Why the heck do they close them in the winter? Just plowing? argh

You have any info on Class 3 roads or are most of these gated nowadays?

Look up the northeast association of four wheel drive (NEA4WD) and get involved in a local club.

Plenty of places to go wheeling, you just have to be a member (private property).

No, its not. You just need to pony up a few bucks like MoparManiac suggested, and you'll have plenty of wheelin available to you.

Thats the whole point... keep the tree huggers guessing.

Also keeps the idiots who tear shit up, litter, abuse their access, and dump illegally away, at least for a while.

yeah, i want to sign up for a club... 18 in june... then i can finally sign up

Back