• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie here

my65289stang

NAXJA Forum User
I was on another jeep forum that had mostly wrangler owners and I just stumbled on this forum luckily. Hopefully I can find/contribute some good info here.
On to my question:
My jeep was hesitating to accelerate sometimes and then I could hear a "pop" from under the hood and it would accelerate again like nothing was wrong. My fuel pressure is at 50 PSI at idle(I thought this was my problem since my book says that it is supposed to be at 31 PSI at idle with the vaccuum to the pressure regulator hooked up). Finally about a month later, the check engine light came on so I took it to Auto Zone and found that an O2 sensor was shot. I replaced it and all seems to be well. Do I still need to look into the pressure regulator or no? When I pull off the vaccuum line to the pressure regulator the pressure remains at 50, does this mean that my regulator is shot?

Thanks
Brian
96 cherokee sport 4X4 4.0
65 mustang 347 5 speed

Welcome aboard!! the regulator has no effect on the pressure in the rail? first make sure you are drawing vacuum to the line, no need to replace the reg if the line is cracked. otherwise i'd get a new regulator. although i dont know the real draw-backs to runnign high pressure like this all the time i'm sure it cant be good.

Back