• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New XJ Here......

Fornstar

NAXJA Forum User
:new:Just wanted to come on here and introduce myself. Been wanting an XJ for quit some time now and finally picked one up yesterday. Got big plans for it but it will take a while. Not a lot of money to just dump in it all at one time. I do have a long laundry list of what I want. Been researching this site and a couple others for about a year now. So much info on here. :yelclap:

Its a 1996
Tranny AW4
Tansfer NP231
The obvious D30 up front and what I believe is a 8.25 in the rear. I am going to get a better look at it today.
The fenders have been trimmed already and he did a nice job on it.

Pics
IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0415.JPG

There are a couple small issues that I have found so far...

A/C leaks pretty bad into the pass. floorboard. Top priority today. If anyone knows whats up I would greatly appreciate it.

Little bit a of also. Need to get that taken care too.

The rear doors will not unlock by using the power locks. Have to do it manually. Not such a big deal to me.

I am pretty stoked about having the XJ. Had to give up my truck for it but it was time for her to go. Did a straight trade with a guy. He needed a truck and wanted to get rid of an XJ and I wanted an XJ and had a truck to get rid of.

Matt

Welcome! That rear is a C8.25 can't help with the rest though but I'm sure someone will chime in...

Hey Matt, Vista is right around the corner from me. If you need any help with anything feel free to call. eight5eight-9fiftytwo-eightyfive52

Marc

Thank you for the welcomes.:)

Found the cloggged hose. A/C leaking should be a problem anymore.:)
While I was looking for the hose I pulled some carpet up to look around:eyes:and found some cancer:skull1:. Not real happy about it:mad:. Passenger side floorboard has a hole in it. Nothing but time and money I guess. Been wanting to learn to weld and body work for a while now. Guess now is my chance.

Also removed the rear sway bar:cheers:

[/QUOTE]Hey Matt, Vista is right around the corner from me. If you need any help with anything feel free to call. eight5eight-9fiftytwo-eightyfive52

Marc[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the offer. I may take you up on that some time. All my desert buddies that actually turn a wrench live in El Cajon. It sucks to drive out there just to do a small job for an extra pair of hands.

Matt

Welcome in. Nice looking jeep, depending on the size of the hole in the floor that shouldnt be a huge deal. Cut out a section and weld in good to go.

Welcome in. Nice looking jeep, depending on the size of the hole in the floor that shouldnt be a huge deal. Cut out a section and weld in good to go.

The hole aint too bad. I will get around to fixing it sometime. For now just going to get the rust taken care of and seal with something, probably some POR-15.

Matt

I noticed the nose of it sticking out right there on the corner the next day. I am right down the road from ya, a little past Costco.

Matt

Welcome to the group.

Since you are in Vista, put a re-occuring event on your calendar for the first Tuesday of every month at 6pm. Call it the North County San Diego Meet and Greet. Location: Lamppost Pizza/Backstreet Brewery in Vista.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/search.php?searchid=4600943

Will do. I was pulling out of there the other Tuesday after catching an early movie with the and notice a couple nice XJs pulling in.

Matt

I noticed the nose of it sticking out right there on the corner the next day. I am right down the road from ya, a little past Costco.

Matt
There is another guy right across the street from the DMV in a nice white 2WD jeepspeed. Looks to be about a 98 or so. I have no idea who it is? I'm actually just down the street and if i'm not driving it... Its locked in the garage. LOL

You got a good lookin jeep though man. Nice and clean!!! So when you want to go out and get it dirty?

There is another guy right across the street from the DMV in a nice white 2WD jeepspeed. Looks to be about a 98 or so. I have no idea who it is? I'm actually just down the street and if i'm not driving it... Its locked in the garage. LOL

You got a good lookin jeep though man. Nice and clean!!! So when you want to go out and get it dirty?

Wanna go as soon as possible. Only places I know are desert and it's too dang hot. Was going to do a trail Sunday with HandbuiltXJ after lifting an XJ buy ran late and had to leave. Not sure if they went or not.

Matt

While you have the Corp 8.25; the differential could come with either 27 or 29 spline axles.
If your Jeep was built in June '96 or later.... you will have the 29 spline axles; if it was built in May or earlier you will have the 27 spline axles.

I have checked. It was built in 11/95 so it's a 27 spline. Would like to upgrade to 29 but that's low on the list right now.

Matt

Back