• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new to the board

razrwild

NAXJA Forum User
Hey people, New to the board over from comanche club. I don't post much because I search. Trying to get an 87 comanche 4.0 into wheelin shape. Picked it up with a 2" RE lift and 31's on it already
Here's the list of things I'm thinking of changing/upgrading/fixing
rear disc (heard the zj d35's are the way to go since I have a d35)
92+ cherokee radiator swap (have a hole in mine so why not)
still thinking how to fix the floor
strengthen the unibody
locker in the rear if i can find a good price
ax-15 whenever I can find one I can afford
regear or swap axles so I can run 4.10's (after the ax-15 swap)
liking the sound of the injector upgrade using mustang 5.0 injectors

Anything I should know ahead of time or tips for the above projects or even someone who wants to help out with some expertise, place to work would be appreciated. I'm in south jersey and if nothing changes all this will be done in my driveway or borrowing the welder at the hydraulic shop. I'm pretty decent with doing auto work aside from the cursing of the vehicle during and after the work is done, but I don't know how to weld at all just very motivated/eager to learn how.

You say you want to put disc brakes and a locker in your Dana 35 but its not recommended. The Dana 35 is a fairly weak axle and most people consider it to be a waste putting money into it. I'd look for a Dana 44 if I was you and see if you can throw that puppy in there, then gear and lock and ZJ Disc that and you will be good to go up to 33s or 35s.

Andrew

Welcome.. from a (half) fellow Jersey'n lol...

lol my ex gf lives in downingtown and my dad lives in framingdale, nj. Be up there on Sunday to disgrace his nice expensive house with my butt ugly car, how i love pissing off step mom.

I am not planning on going anything bigger than 31's as of yet so I figured the d35 would be alright to build up for the time being. If I can get one fairly decent I'd like to go with the d44's after reading the tech info sticky on the axles. If I can afford it I'm thinking of taking the intro to welding course at the county college and picking up a cheap arc welder from harbor freight.

Howdy from Hunterdon County...

Welcome from over here in Turnersville. I'm often over in Paulsboro at mt bro-in-laws working on his of my Cherokee (He's on DuPont Ave.....look for the teal colored '96...Name's Dave.) He's a mechanic in town that would be happy to help ya out. Welcome to the board & good luck!

Back