• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to me in the Bay

AdamArc

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All ,

I recently picked up a 95 4 door for my daughter as a first car. Bone stock with 115k on the clock. I had a 91 years ago with 4" lift and 31s, absolutely loved it. Sadly it had to go as the family got bigger.
I must admit the XJ is partly for me too. Mostly to get the shrinking family to the beach and as a fishing rig. I am looking, I mean my daughter needs:looney:, a 3-4" lift (new or used) this fall before I get new tires. The paint is ok but it's gonna be duralined by winter. Can't wait to get started.

Adam

That's a young jeep at 115k. Mine is getting close to 300k on the body.

I think you should be able to piece parts together with both new and used parts relatively cheap. My original 4.5" lift was only $500 from rough country. It wasn't a horrible kit. It did everything I needed of it.

Welcome to NAXJA!! Both my older kids drove the XJ through high school. Their only complaint was the poor gas mileage. Living in the Hills, jeeps get coolness points no matter what shape they are in.. The boys were surprised that my daughter knew more about cars/keeps than they did!! Guess that's why I can't bring myself to part with it just yet. Get her involved in the build and good luck!!

Glad to see youre Getting er started !

Brentwood in the Delta.
"The Jeep",as it is known right now, passed smog with flying colors. :spin1: Now on to fix the a/c.
I am looking at the RC 4.5" lift right now. It's the right price for what I want and the wife won't get miffed. I have found some parts to cobble together the same size lit but the cost keeps creeping up to a new lift cost. I'm thrifty enough to to do my own work to gather the parts and wise enough to know when it's easier to spend the money. Cutting,welding and fabricating isn't a problem. It's what I've done for the 25 years, plus having my own shop helps. But it's easier to do bolt up and the jeep is on the road the same day.
If any one has a line on a lift shoot me a pm.

Back