• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Tellico Usage Restrictions

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
In case you all have not received word, the new order for Tellico has been signed by the Forest Supervisor, effective January 30, 2007.

"We will be implementing the seasonal trail closures on Lower Trail 2, Trail
7, Trail 9, and Trail 10 as soon as possible. We will also be installing
the camping restriction signs along Trails 1 & 5 as soon as possible.
This work will probably begin next week, weather permitting.

The new order prohibits the following acts:

1. Camping in the Allen Gap and State Line trailhead parking areas - (and yes this does include staying inside a totally enclosed RV parked there).
2. Roadside camping on Trail # 1 and Trail # 5, except in those areas designated by posted sign.
3. Possession or use of a motorized vehicle on the lower section of Trail 2, or on Trails 7,9, and 10 from January 1 through March 31 on an annual basis.

If you could get this information out on your web site I would appreciate it and also notify your membership so we can begin spreading the word around.

when did this come out
I spoke with the USFS ranger two weekends ago and he said it was not happening this year

I tried to map this out...didnt seem like it bothered a whole bunch of trails...sure slickrock and lower 2 are out for the winter right? but thats pretty much it???
I wonder if we can access those trails during the clean up March 10th

Well luckly we got our trip in before they closed them. As for SlickRock and Lower 2.... those trails really do need a break, as of a few weekends ago the trails up the the rocks were getting so washed out it was getting pretty bad.

yeah they could use a break.. got my slickrock ride in as well.
only bad thing is they will contniue to wash regardless of whether we drive on them or not. it would have to stop raining and snowing to really make a differnece. spring is near!

Back