• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New steering box play

Dang! Well hopefully it all goes smooth.

Another dud.

Return line threads are stripped out inside the box.

Replacement box coming next week.

I'm cursed I tell you!

Sent using Tapatalk

2nd Lares box installed. I threaded the lines in BEFORE I installed it into the Jeep, and it bolted up perfectly. Attached everything, torqued down the bolts, bled the system, and went for a drive. Somehow my steering wheel is off about 15* but I didn't bump/move it. Must be the box gears lining up different. Alignment took care of it.

Turns and drives so smooth, I thought that things weren't connected to wheel!! My father stopped by and I let him drive it to the store, and he said "it steers like a car; just like my venza." Turns quick, smooth, and silently.

There is a "buzz" when I turn left, and only from center from a stop, that happens at the 9 o'clock position. Like my cell phone vibrating but through the wheel. No noise with it. can't find anything wrong so I'll see if it works itself out. Drove it the last 3 days with no leaks or issues, and tossed on the MORE steering brace I've had for a while last night as well.

Thanks for brand recommendation Smokey - Jeep is back!

2nd Lares box installed. I threaded the lines in BEFORE I installed it into the Jeep, and it bolted up perfectly. Attached everything, torqued down the bolts, bled the system, and went for a drive. Somehow my steering wheel is off about 15* but I didn't bump/move it. Must be the box gears lining up different. Alignment took care of it.

Turns and drives so smooth, I thought that things weren't connected to wheel!! My father stopped by and I let him drive it to the store, and he said "it steers like a car; just like my venza." Turns quick, smooth, and silently.

There is a "buzz" when I turn left, and only from center from a stop, that happens at the 9 o'clock position. Like my cell phone vibrating but through the wheel. No noise with it. can't find anything wrong so I'll see if it works itself out. Drove it the last 3 days with no leaks or issues, and tossed on the MORE steering brace I've had for a while last night as well.

Thanks for brand recommendation Smokey - Jeep is back!

Hey no worries!! Glad it worked out for ya.

Back