• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New rig in the family

burnsie

NAXJA Forum User
Well as of tomorrow I will be the proud owner of this 1996 Country. The interior is charcoal it has about 121,xxx miles. It appears to have been taken care of :yelclap: and the body looks straight with the usual parking lot rash. I'm not sure what TC or gears it has but I'm sure I'll find out before to long. It is going to need new tires shortly and few other little things but otherwise it's ready to serve as my new DD. Now I can start cutting out all the rust on the 88 :rolleyes: .
837319451.162081903.IM1.MAIN.240x180_A.240x160.jpg

There is just something timeless about the XJ design. Even compared to some classic MB's and Jags the XJ look never seems to age, no matter how far away or no matter how deep in snow, up to it's hood in water it's look is recognizable anywhere, just like the shorty jeep TJ's, YJ's and CJ's. Can't say the same about most others, that new mitsu suv looks just like a WJ from behind and the new KIA looks like one from the front....

Yeah, I think it is one of those classic designs that seems to hold up well. I am really looking forward to getting it.

When chrysler bought jeep it was the little xj that took chrysler from the brink of bankrupcy, they never changed for the sake of change , only to improve something.they are classics

Classic still even after 3 years when the thread was originally posted:doh:

Back