• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new promotion appreciation

XgeekstarX

NAXJA Forum User
got bumped up to parts pro at advance after a year of hard work. from part time to full time + benefits and a two dollar raise. not too bad for a 19 year old.

normally they require two years of automotive experience before they even consider you, but i guess i caught the district managers attention. i'm pretty excited, plus i get the cool red/white stripe on my shirt!

good job man, its a great feeling to get good at what you do and have people recognize it.

not many places these days hire people with the intention of promoting them. usually in places of employment they go with the principle of "i can find someone to do it cheaper". all of this attitude from higher ups at a place that believe in this philosophy tends to rub off on the employees in a "i dont give a sh*t " attitude". In my opinion, sales is where its at but service and customer satisfaction go hand in hand.

after a customer starts going to your establishment its the level of service that will keep them coming back. you can basically gain a long term customer from the moment they first step through that door.

work hard and keep providing service you would want to have and things will go well on their own. another thing is to maintain good service even when those around might be dragging. its hard but when people come in asking for you by name its a good sign as well. your employer will realize that you are more valuable and you are forming a customer base of your own. to lose you would be lost sales for them.

congrats!

POSXJGuy said:
good job man, its a great feeling to get good at what you do and have people recognize it.

not many places these days hire people with the intention of promoting them. usually in places of employment they go with the principle of "i can find someone to do it cheaper". all of this attitude from higher ups at a place that believe in this philosophy tends to rub off on the employees in a "i dont give a sh*t " attitude". In my opinion, sales is where its at but service and customer satisfaction go hand in hand.

after a customer starts going to your establishment its the level of service that will keep them coming back. you can basically gain a long term customer from the moment they first step through that door.

work hard and keep providing service you would want to have and things will go well on their own. another thing is to maintain good service even when those around might be dragging. its hard but when people come in asking for you by name its a good sign as well. your employer will realize that you are more valuable and you are forming a customer base of your own. to lose you would be lost sales for them.

congrats!

at the store i was working at i had my own little following. some dudes wouldn't even deal with anyone else. if i wasn't there they'd wait until i was.

XgeekstarX said:
at the store i was working at i had my own little following. some dudes wouldn't even deal with anyone else. if i wasn't there they'd wait until i was.

thats it man, make sure it stays that way, and if you ever hear one of your cohorts talking smack to the customer and you feel its wrong, promptly excuse yourself from whomever you are helping cordially and take that co worker out back and tell him "if you mess up the relationship i have at my place of employment with that customer i'll break your nose and cut off two of your fingers to shove up your nostrils to stop the bleedin'." always keep a pair of used wire cutters in your pocket just so he knows you are serious. my cousin giuseppe does this and he said everyone is real friendly and respectful to him after.

you don't want some punk to ruin your niche you have spent many hours carving out for yourself at the shop. basically he would be steppin on your name and reputation and we don't want that to happen.

then go back and tell the customer the guy was talking to that you'll be right with him. once you are available explain to him that your establishment only hires a few knowledgable folks and the one who was talking to him earlier is one of the government subsidized mentally incapacitated employees. you folks pay 3.00 and the government pays the other 2.00 for you to let him work there and gain experience.

i always hated folks who know that certain customers are looking for help from one employee and they go about talking smack when they walk in the door.

people need to handle their own stuff whether it be at work or out of work.

enjoy the promotion! remember the fingers in the nostrils trick! works everytime! just make sure your boss doesn't hear it, that would be verbal assault and threat of a fellow employee which can ruin your job setting fast.

congrats!

Back