• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Product Idea for Vendors out there

Nope I called and asked them or I would've went with jcr

Weird. My JCR skid fit over my HD Frame stiffeners with no problem at all. Just put it on a floor jack and jacked it right into place.

I tapped the frame stiffeners to hold the skid. No issues so far.

I'd like to hear more about this. Anyone else done this? I'm probably like a lot of guys and got stiffeners welded on a long time ago and never thought ahead to install provisions (nuts welded inside them) for crossmembers and such.

I've got everything I need to install a 3 link middy (aside from time and energy) so I just need a flat belly crossmember. I've already even clocked my 231. I envision just building something out of 2x6 box that I've got laying around utilizing the stock 4 bolts underneath but also having it wrap up and over the sides. I'd probably also incorporate some plate welded to it that would protect the cat. It could wrap up around the sides as well and bolt into tapped holes if the 10 gauge stiffeners plus the stock rails themselves provide enough "meat" to grab into.

Weird. My JCR skid fit over my HD Frame stiffeners with no problem at all. Just put it on a floor jack and jacked it right into place.

That is weird.. they guy I spoke with said it would not fit and sounded very adamant. He suggested cutting off the sides and welding the plate on. Because when you need a new trans mount you have to break out the torch. lol

That's the one I plan on trying. He said they all run frame stiffeners so they made it to work, and the ones who don't, it just smashes in when you bolt it on.

I'd like to hear more about this. Anyone else done this? I'm probably like a lot of guys and got stiffeners welded on a long time ago and never thought ahead to install provisions (nuts welded inside them) for crossmembers and such.

I've got everything I need to install a 3 link middy (aside from time and energy) so I just need a flat belly crossmember. I've already even clocked my 231. I envision just building something out of 2x6 box that I've got laying around utilizing the stock 4 bolts underneath but also having it wrap up and over the sides. I'd probably also incorporate some plate welded to it that would protect the cat. It could wrap up around the sides as well and bolt into tapped holes if the 10 gauge stiffeners plus the stock rails themselves provide enough "meat" to grab into.

I'm not sure I'd trust it if I were hanging control arm from it... but I really don't know.

For just the skid I think it's fine.

Well I guess it's not a problem then. Midlength arms are gonna have a hard time reaching the crossmember.

Back