• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new parts, new member

scarylilguy

NAXJA Forum User
new member here living in virginia. any jeepers 'round here wanna meet up.

just got a 2 in shackle lift for the rear end of the 01. the pucks for the front end should be here monday. already got a 3 inch from rough country installed. (really only a 2 in in the rear) hope i dont get the "vibes".

welcome to the SEC!!

I see you're in Norfolk too-- I tend to work about 8 days a week, but if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask.:spin1:

damn stock shackles wont come off. anyone got any tips. i dont think the bushing is corroded in but who knows. i could not get either of them to break loose.

shorty, i need to rebuild/replace my t case. know anywhere around here i can get some help.

welcome man... im in va beach

is it a 231 or 242. call around the yards to see if the have one pick it up throw it in.. ill help

also i remember seeing a 242 with a tom woods sye on craigslist locally like a day ago. ill try to find it again

i have a 231. never liked the 242. thanks for the link though. hell of a deal. he still has it if any one wants to know.i have one last effort to save this t case. gunna drill out the fill plug, chase the threads and hopefully not destroy it. dont really have a whole lot of money to throw at it but i need to get some fluid in there!

You didnt pull the drain plug before the fill plug did you. :doh:

Im guessing you cant get the fill plug off and thats why you have drill it out. Are you just going to refresh the fluids in the tcase and see if that helps or what?

try drilling a smaller hole in the fill plug and tap that hole for a smaller plug-- you'll get much less shrapnel in the case with a smaller hole and it'll be easier to get a plug in common sizes.

If that's a no-go, gimme a shout and we'll figure something.

P.S. the transfer case wouldn't have worked anywho-- your '01 needs a 23 spline input and the one on C.L. was a 21 spline :(

P.S. the transfer case wouldn't have worked anywho-- your '01 needs a 23 spline input and the one on C.L. was a 21 spline :(

damn good catch.. i didn't even pay attention to the year being pre 91 when i mentioned it

do you live on oceanview ave... if so near what cross streets

Last edited:
i didnt pull the drain plug yet but im pretty sure the case is about empty. i noticed the spline issue though some forum diving. i found a good 231 for 250. i'll go ahead and pick that up if this drill and tap doesnt work.

i dont live on ov anymore. moved out to the higher class norview. lol.

i cant get the damn stock shackles off. bushings are froze to the bolt on all four bolts. pb the hell out of it. try again tonight. :smsoap:

the transfer case will have to wait till the weekend

whoot after having the wife soak the bolts every hour while i was at work, ive got three out of four loose. goin to the store to pick up some heat for bolt number 4

Be prepared to snap the upper shackle nut that is welded on the inside of the frame. Then it's time to pull out the trusty angle grinder!

Back