• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New member!

Jersey_Devil

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up my first XJ this week. It's a 91 limited. Got big plans for it. Not my first jeep. Had two JKU's before this and currently own a WK2. Picked up the 91 for $300. Got some floor rot but other than that she just needs a battery, windshield, brakes bled, and two front hubs. Can't wait to get started on everything!

8f88e428e37e1e8db850cc89241e5850.jpg
here's my XJ and WK2

Nice..I have a few parts left over from my 90 that was totaled, if you need something let me know and I'll see if I have it

Thanks I appreciate that!

Welcome to the forum. I'm right in West Deptford if you need any help or have jeep questions.

Ur right down the road! Always good to meet new people around town!

Had a lil frustration with the XJ today. Figured out I need to hook up a push button start to it, so until then I got a wire going from starter to the battery and when I wanna start it I just touch the wire to the battery. Today it won't work. Just cranks and cranks. Lost daylight today so I'll have to check for spark tomorrow. Just don't understand why it worked fine yesterday and now not today. Guess this is my "welcome to the XJ world"

Yes. Key is in the run/on position. It was really low on gas so I I got gas and put gas in it then checked the fuel rail and it's gettin fuel but don't have a spark plug socket here at my apt to pull the plug out and check for spark

To test for spark you can pull a plug wire, stick a screw driver in the boot and put close to a bare metal part on the motor. Crank the engine over while doing that and if you have spark you will see an arc between the screw driver and metal.

O I never thought of sticking a screw driver in there! I pulled the boot and put it near metal but got nothing. But it's a pretty big boot and may not be close enough to metal. Thanks for the idea!

Welcome, and I'm close as well, same sentiments as Bob, hit us up if you have needs. Hell, I have parts galore and he does too.
Rich

Sweet another NJ jeep Welcome to the forum man !

Back