• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New member thread

elwood376

NAXJA Forum User
I didn't see one anywhere, so I thought I would create one. Forgive me if I am out of line. A few other forums I have been a part of asked that you introduced yourself first. I can understand why. So, here goes.

I have an '89 Cherokee with a 4" lift. It isn't much to look at, yet. This is my first Jeep. I am learning daily what it means to be a Jeep owner. I have had a wrench in my hand since 1985, so I am no newbie when it comes to mechanical things. Newbie to XJ, yes. I spent a year and a half in an automotive repair program at the local community college. That lead me to 13 years as an undercar technician (brakes, suspension, alignments, some lift kits and even exhaust). I am not a mechanic, but extremely mechanically inclined. Ya gotta give credit where credit is due. I am good at what I do, but a mechanic is some one who can do it all. I have owned several classic cars (Ford Galaxie x2, Chevelle, Cougar, VW Beetle x2) but never a 4X4, let alone a Jeep.

Thank you all in advance for every bit of help!

Last edited:
Back