• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New member, new to XJs, excited for Serious Offroad lift!

cracked1

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all!

I don't know enough to respond to 99.9% of the threads and, so far, I search the interwebs too well to ask any questions. So, since I've had no other reason to post anything, I figured I'd say hi here.

Background: I grew up going to miscellaneous Southern California off road areas (Glamis, Ocotillo, Johnson Valley, etc...). Most everything I did was with Volkswagen based vehicles, motorcycles, ATVs and one Samurai thrown in for good measure. Through the years I've helped wrench on a few Jeeps but this is the first of my own (I'm not counting the Libby I just got rid of).

Now, I live in Nampa, Idaho (just west of Boise) and I've been wanting to build an XJ and get into playing off road a bit again. It still needs to be my daily driver for now and get me to some fishing spots, backpacking areas, and work as a hunting rig. To that end, I'll be staying with 33s for now (I already have 33" Duratracs on Soft 8s). I have also decided to go with the Serious OffRoad 4.5" longarm lift. I like that it is a very complete kit that comes with Bilsteins and seems to be very well regarded. I should be ordering it within the next 2 months. Maybe they'll come out with some deals on that kit between now and then... A guy can hope, right? :)

I recently bought a 96 Country from my dad who had been using it to tow behind his motorhome. She has 70,000 miles on her, is in great condition and I know her history very well.

Anyways, thank you to all of you who've shared your knowledge. I'm sure there are tons of people like me who are able to get all their answers by searching these and other forums. I will also become a NAXJA member asap... I like to support the sites I get my info from even if I have a post count of little to none.

And here's a couple crappy cell phone pcs of her...

2014-04-13-213007-62897.jpg

2014-04-18-135218-62898.jpg

Back