• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Member from Ohio

SilverSlutXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey there NAXJA, im not sure if this is supposed to be posted in a different section or not but i believe im in the Midwest Chapter, since i seen a stillwell ride posted in there and im not too far from there.

well short introduction, ive been a WJ guy for a while, my 2nd WJ is rotting out badly and i didnt wanna fix it plus its had some issues i didnt wanna deal with. So im in the process of selling that. Meanwhile, i decided i wanted one nice vehicle as a daily and i wanted to build an offroad rig only and wanted my daily to be a tow rig as well. I decided i wanted to build an XJ as theyre all around inexpensive... at least to start. LOL

I live in Deerfield OH, im a welder at MAC Trailer, i love anything with an engine and outdoors. But im not a fan of the mud... 10 minutes of fun in the mud means 5 years of crap falling in your face when you work on it. not a fan of that at all. id rather trail ride and rock crawl.

little about my Jeep. shes a 2000 XJ 4.0 Auto 4 door. It was rear ended HARD when i bought it from a salvage auction. so hard it broke the output shaft off the transfer case. It came with a 3" Skyjacker lift with LCA's and full spring packs. not the cheap lift, so i thought that would be a good base. has 30" tires on it, which is crap but hey theyre like brand new and came on it!
I had tons of repair work to do... well not tons but a good bit of repair work. Ill make a build thread and get into more detail on the XJ

If youd like to know anything get ahold of me, I dont bite and im pretty easy to get along with.

Thanks guys!

I'm just east of Columbus. do you ever get out to Wellsville? its not terribly far from you.

Ive been out there one time, with my quad. a girl a dated 2 years ago always went there with her family and they invited me. I loved it there. they have a camp in Yellowcreek, maybe once the XJ is more capable Ill take it there. For now its just Southington Offroad park because i know my way around there and theres nothing too challenging that i cant go around.

Here she was when i first got her... completely unmolested... by me at least. been modified before i got it. had 3" lift and 30's on it. Complete with chrome grille, all 4 clear turn signals, and aftermarket tail lights. Not that i really care but still neat! OH! and Kicker door speakers all the way around, bluetooth Alpine head unit, and its prewired for an amp and subs too.

and here you can see the drivers rear quarter panel is wrinkled due to the wreck.

Clean interior with Armor all on it!

heres where the Unibody got damaged. Rear ended so hard it ripped the leaf spring hanger off the unibody... and took the unibody with it!

And how it looks now

More detail and photos will be posted in my build thread. Ill probably start that tomorrow after work (i work 3rd shift so probably around 9 AM)

I have a stubby stinger winch bumper for the front, an oldschool Superwinch X9, and im planning on taking it up to at least 5.5" of lift with 33's or 35's, eventually 1 ton axles. Im gonna comp cut the rear and stretch the wheel base, probably coil spring and 4 link the rear while im at it!

Nice.

Want to sell the grill?

Silver jeeps are the best.

88794862dcd6ad9ed694dbcd659ba996.jpg

Howdy from Coshocton county. Hoping to make the Stillwell run myself. I will say that if it's been raining the Stillwell trails can get quite muddy.

Welcome from MI!

Pics?

Nice.

Want to sell the grill?

Silver jeeps are the best.

88794862dcd6ad9ed694dbcd659ba996.jpg

I think id like to hang onto it. gives it a different look from everyone else.

Howdy from Coshocton county. Hoping to make the Stillwell run myself. I will say that if it's been raining the Stillwell trails can get quite muddy.

Im not too much of a mud guy myself. id rather rock crawl and trail ride. im just working on building the Jeep to do all of that. so far i was crawling over some rather large rocks at Southington yesterday with 30" tires 3" lift and both open differentials. lol

Back