• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new jeep owner lookin to learn

3" and 31's that is only the start!! hahahaha

3" and 31's that is only the start!! hahahaha
hmm ya it seems everyone is saying that i will be wanting to lift it again soon after if i do a 3 in, so im looking at going more of a 4.5 inch with 32 in tires (unless 33's fit??) what kit brand you guys recommend, ive been looking at rough country

i just dont wanna spend all the money for 3 in lift then get tired of it right away, go big or go home right

hmm ya it seems everyone is saying that i will be wanting to lift it again soon after if i do a 3 in, so im looking at going more of a 4.5 inch with 32 in tires (unless 33's fit??) what kit brand you guys recommend, ive been looking at rough country

i just dont wanna spend all the money for 3 in lift then get tired of it right away, go big or go home right
this remark = $$$$$$, :D:thumbup:

Honestly. There are alot of variables. What kind of budget do you have for the lift? I would say get a good brand lift with as many upgrades to it as possible. Then add gearing and whatever later on.

i like rubicon express the most, and while expensive definitely excellent quality. but i agree, that statement is expensive bro. put those skid plates on it like i told you, and try wheeling it on a few trips. see what you like, see how far it goes as you'll be surprised. and then start getting parts geared towards your liking.

once you do gears, you'll also want to look into lockers. you would be surprised how far a cherokee with a 3.5" lift and 31's will go. I ran the RE 3.5" with 32's locked front and rear and the jeep will do more then youd be able to until you get used to it.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome. This is the nicest bunch of "rag-tag" individuals you'll meet anywhere. Always willing to help 24/7.
Rock rails and recovery 1st. Money well spent. Keep reading and searching this site, and/or buy Eric's book, great for beginners (like me), ericsxj.com
And your rig will never be finished.........

Welcome to the board. As far as lift goes, what do you want to do with it? How much do you have to spend?

If you ever need to borrow a tool or help I am jsut up the road from you. Feel free to reach out. Also, when you are ready to install your lift you are welcome to have your build party at my pad.

Welcome to the board. As far as lift goes, what do you want to do with it? How much do you have to spend?

If you ever need to borrow a tool or help I am jsut up the road from you. Feel free to reach out. Also, when you are ready to install your lift you are welcome to have your build party at my pad.

awesome thanks man, i looked into 4.5 and that seems a little price so i think im going with a 3 or 3.5 if i find a good deal on it, i was lookin at spending under 300 for everything i need

cause after i get that i will need to throw a big wad of money down on new tires :( and i just want to be able to go on trail rides and stuff like that, nothing hardcore like all you guys yet :)
Welcome. This is the nicest bunch of "rag-tag" individuals you'll meet anywhere. Always willing to help 24/7.
Rock rails and recovery 1st. Money well spent. Keep reading and searching this site, and/or buy Eric's book, great for beginners (like me), ericsxj.com
And your rig will never be finished.........

thanks man, i have looked into recovery first, just purchased a tow hook kit for about 85 bucks including shipping off ebay, gonna instal that once it gets here, havent looked at rock rails yet, are they a priority or should i go with the lift + tires first, and thanks il check out that book right now after posting this

also im seeking gas tank and transfer case skid plates too, as i was told they are a must if i want to save money in the long run

edit: just purchased that book, ive seen it before but never bought it, only seen it for 25-45 dollars, amazon had it for 15 so i got it :)

Last edited:
[/quote]thanks man, i have looked into recovery first, just purchased a tow hook kit for about 85 bucks including shipping off ebay, gonna instal that once it gets here, havent looked at rock rails yet, are they a priority or should i go with the lift + tires first, and thanks il check out that book right now after posting this

also im seeking gas tank and transfer case skid plates too, as i was told they are a must if i want to save money in the long run

edit: just purchased that book, ive seen it before but never bought it, only seen it for 25-45 dollars, amazon had it for 15 so i got it :)[/quote]

You can wheel and have a great time, bone stock, to start. The rails will prevent you from crunching the bottom of your doors, a bitch to fix. BajaCurt's rails paid for themselves on the first run at Rock Garden. I'd go with rails first.
Eric's book is worth every penny. You'll be re-reading it for months to come, because you'll be moving from one mod to another.
Did I mention that your rig will never be finished?

Welcome:D! live pretty dam close to ya! if ya need any help im down!

Buy the rails after deciding which you like (AJ's, JCR's, etc). There's a few folks on here that can fab 'em up for you also. Then ask for help on the install, most are welded to the frame rail and bolted to the pinch seam for max strength. It's one of the "easier" mods, with the right tools/people.

Check out group 4x4groupbuy.com, they have some great deals on there. Dan at Loose Nuts Ent is also a great contact. He is helping me get a new trackbar, great prices too.

Back