• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Here /w pics!

cfinch

NAXJA Forum User
Whats up guys I'm new here... Been lurking around this board and some others for a while now trying to pick up some info on XJ's...

I've been building drift cars for the last 7 years and I've been up in the High Desert for nearly 3 and finally decided to start 4 wheeling recently for a big change of pace! So I went out and hunted down a Jeep! I picked up a clean 93 XJ for cheap with a rebuilt motor in Washington but the 5 speed tranny was bad... It wound up turning into a pain cause of the dry weather down here and I had replace alot of stuff on it as soon as I got it... I wanted to get it mechanically sound so I rebuilt the tranny and installed a new clutch/flywheel... Then all the mounts went bad, brake calipers siezed amongst some other problems till I finally got it in perfect mechanical shape and was shopping for a lift!

Then cruising on here I found a great deal on a Jeep that already had some parts on it and just bought it instead!!! Got my friend to get an XJ as well and well we haven't stopped 4 wheeling since!!! Man am I hooked!!! This forum is packed full of great info and has been a huge help! I need to pay for a membership now!

I live in Oak Hills so I drive right outside my house and there are OHV trails all over the place! I've been all around here and have gone down the pass to all the trails around there. Gone from Wrightwood down to Lytle creek all the way across to the 138 then Silverwood around to the Palm exit off the 215 along with a couple trips to Deep Creek. Just recently I wheeled all over Stoddard Valley and Cleghorn!!!! So far Cleghorn has been my favorite spot!

Hopefully I'll get to make it out to some of these different runs and whatnot and meet some of the people here! I've been watching for something to go on around here. If anyone wants to go out hit me up!

P9050441.jpg

P9050447.jpg

P9050448.jpg

P9050454.jpg

P9050460.jpg

P9070475.jpg

P9070481.jpg

P9070488.jpg

P9070495.jpg

P9070500.jpg

Welcome!..

I did the same thing you did... Bought one cheap, before i even started really wrenching on it i found a great deal here through NAXJA and sold my first one to my brother and bought the better one and just started there.

Yeah I just bought it off of here from another member! Just enjoying taking it out! I need to replace the rear shocks and I want to get some new tires right now... I'm debating building a cage right now... Part of me wants to rip the doors off and go crazy but the other parts wants to just build a basic exterior cage and leave it alone cause it's gonna get cold...

I need bumpers pretty bad so I can have tow points and a place to strap it down on my trailor so I can take longer trips without having to worry about it.

Thanks for the welcome! If anyone knows of some more good spots to hit up in the area let me know!

I got it from xjjeeper19... He was super cool people and yeah he seemed to take good care of it.

My buddy has a 89 XJ /w a 3" pro comp lift and some bfg t/a's that we have been taking out as well. He just needs a locker in his and I think I'm gonna build him some rock rails this weekend cause he smashed it up pretty good at Stoddard Valley.

I was gonna swap all the parts onto my clean Cherokee but I think I'm just gonna post it up for sale if anyone is looking for a stock Jeep.

I need to get a tubing bender... I'm prolly gonna run out to my friends shop and borrow his bender to make the rails on my friends Jeep eventually... I used to use his shop and make cages for cars so I never bothered getting setup in my own shop plus my shop just didn't have the room... I think just for the weekend I'm just gonna put in a square bar along the bottom and run braces into the chassis so he has something. The just build the round bar out from there when I can get a chance to bend some metal.

that rear hatch looks familiar....

Welcome Cfinch.

Another Hi-Dez member checkin in and YES there are TONS of places up here to wheel 5 minutes from home!

I also bought an XJ, then another that was more built than my first one... Then did it again! The third one is almost ready for the trails!

Once it's ready I'd like to post up some local runs for us desert dwellers.

Ride'on,

~C!~

crazyjim said:
Those are Drop Brackets, that's justin's old rig.

Oh, I see it now. It looked like a full traction long arm kit at first. Are those RE brackets? The bottom frame bracket looks beefier like the skyjacker one.

Yeah they are skyjacker... It's got about 5.5" of lift on 33's /w a ford 8.8 rear and 4.10 gears.

The Jeep is fun stuff! I think I'm gonna go try to hit Cleghorn again this weekend and take it all the way to Silverwood... I want to hit Big Bear really bad I hear there is some good stuff up there.

Skwerly said:
Wow, Justin, weird to see that rig in the dirt! (just harrassin' ya man)

Nice rig, dude, Justin is great people and you didn't get ripped off - for sure.

Welcome to the forums!

It's been in the dirt...just not recently....:D

He's probably wheeled it more in the past week that I did in the last 6 months.

Justin

Back