• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New here just some questions.

If I may..... I'd recommend switching to the superFLEX kit vs. the superRIDE... the difference is going to be a set of quick disconnects that you'll find invaluable when you're off road.
Just my suggestion.

The control arms are also different. Both my cousins just bought RE 3.5" kits for their XJs and one bought the super ride and one bought the super flex. The super flex included a rear extended stainless steel brakeline and quick disconnects over the super ride kit. The lower control arms in the super flex kit have a Johnny joint at the axle end and a bushing at the frame end. The super ride kit has control arms that have bushings at both ends and no flex joint.

If I may..... I'd recommend switching to the superFLEX kit vs. the superRIDE... the difference is going to be a set of quick disconnects that you'll find invaluable when you're off road.
Just my suggestion.

Are you suggesting that I go to the 4.5" Superflex? Whats the difference between the extreme duty leaf packs?

there's tons of information to be had by searching through the forums and reading the faqs. a lot of the questions you're asking have no definite answer, mostly opinion based.

Companies pay out a lot of money to convince you that their product is the "best". whats best for you might not be best for someone else. hypothetically, is best for you to spend top dollar on a huge lift and beefy tires, and then not being able to afford gas and payments?

sidewall is measured in ply. every tire has advertised ply amounts
tread life varies by cut and brand(a/t, mud, etc)

the best thing you can do is read and research and when you come to something that doesn't make sense, ask away. but at least put in the effort first. a lot of your questions would be answered by going to the manufacturer's site and looking at that specific product. Its all right there, so you might as well go look for yourself.

Not trying to be a d!ck, but what fallacist said. You're going to learn a lot more by doing a TON of research. When I bought my lift, I was in contact with the sales rep a few times weighing my options.

A lot of your questions could be answered by a rep like that.

Also google things like "jpmagazine tire shootout" for comparisons. Hell I looked at their "locker lowdown" article today since I'm about to regear and lock mine within a month or two.

As for opinions on manufacturer or different types of components, this is understandable. But you could also find this information by searching these forums as well as the other forums by using google.. There are a lot of "this brand vs. that brand" threads here.

Again, not being a d!ck, but "jeepin" is not only a lifestyle steeped in cameraderie (just don't lean TOO hard), it also involves a can do attitude and self-reliance.

Hang on to your Jeep, because your about to earn a whole bunch of it. If it ain't busted knuckles- it's busted bolts.

Back