• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy

Two Jeeps

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy folks!

I've been a NAXJA member for awhile, but just a few weeks ago we moved to just outside of Columbus, Ohio by way of Georgia.

I've got a 91 Sport that I've been tinkering with for a while now. This Jeep was stolen from the original owner when it was new and found about six months later in South GA with a smashed up front end, mangled dash and steering column, a lot of broken glass, and a busted out tailgate latch. A buddy of mine eventually bought it and got it back to running condition (barely), but never fixed any of the appearance issues other than the dash and steering column.

I bought it from him four years ago and put it on the road as my mountain bike shuttle. The first thing I did was to get it running right. After a series of tune ups - I got it from 170 miles-per-tank to averaging right at 300-miles-per-tank.

After a while, all the Jeep's "uglies" got to me so I started stockpiling parts in an attempt to make it look good again. So far I've replaced the body and trim pieces that were damaged, the glass, and done some work on the interior.

Next steps are to get it painted then lift it.

Anyone else here live in the Columbus area?

Columbus....I'm feel sorry for you.:D

(I'm a UofM fan, born and raised in Ann Arbor )

Two Jeeps said:
I've been a :NAXJA: member for awhile

Rev Den said:
Well...welcome.

but, you are not a member.

Rev

Well, as much as I hate to agree with Rev...

We are a a bit confusing around here. When you join a Forum, you are a "member" of that Forum. But wait, there's more! NAXJA is also a Genuine, "100% died in the wool", Jeep Club, of which you are not a paid member.

So, to say you are a NAXJA member is not strictly true if you are not a card carrying member of NAXJA, the Club.

Nice to see you here anyway :D

Zuki-Ron said:
Well, as much as I hate to agree with Rev...

We are a a bit confusing around here. When you join a Forum, you are a "user" of that Forum. But wait, there's more! NAXJA is also a Genuine, "100% died in the wool", Jeep Club, of which you are not a paid member.

So, to say you are a NAXJA member is not strictly true if you are not a card carrying member of NAXJA, the Club.

Nice to see you here anyway :D

Fixed for accuracy.
:D

Two Jeeps said:
but just a few weeks ago we moved to just outside of Columbus, Ohio by way of Georgia.

Welcome to warm Ohio! :gag:

Yes I believe Bshaw lives in Granville. IIRC there is another fella that is in Granville too, but I cant remember his name off the top of my head. I bought a roof rack off him.

Where's the off switch on this cold white stuff?

Down south, we were lucky to get 2-3 days of snow all year. The good news is that I've been able to "test" my 4WD a lot more lately.

We've got a big snow pile at the end of our parking lot that's covering an otherwise perfectly good spot. Being the redneck I am, I've taken to parking on top of the snow each day.

With this lastest batch we're currently getting, I can't wait to go out and try to get off that snow bank.

Back