• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy introduction/lookin for parts

Manic Mechanic

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, new here and figured this may be the best spot to ask where to find jeep parts at the local(within 100 miles) junkyards. Right now I'm looking for leaf packs and any kind of "rainy day" parts. I've been to the Pick n Pulls in Dallas and Fort Worth about 3 months ago, and what jeeps they had were pretty beaten down or pulled apart already. Just wondering if anyone knows of place where I may have better luck finding parts.

Anyways, I'm the proud owner of a '95 XJ, 4.0 4x4. It has 232k miles on it, but still runs like a champ. Pretty much stock, but hoping to get a 3in lift on it so I can go off roading. I plan on joining NAXJA at some point, hopefully be able to make some of the events. Any help will be appreciated. If this isn't the right forum for this type of thread, my apologies.

-Eric

Welcome to NAXJA Eric! Good to see another Texan join the forum. I had to look up where Sherman was...I had heard of it, just didn't know the location. I was going to suggest San Antonio, but damn, Arkansas is closer! I'll keep my eyes open for you, I'm in Lubbock. Good luck, and enjoy the XJ.

Welcome to the RRC of naxja, post what u are looking for, some of us have parts pileing up...lol....
Rich, RRC Prez

Thanks for the welcome Rich! Well, I'm on a budget, which makes things pretty tough to do, but I'm trying. I've been looking at getting a 3in lift, and while I was looking at my Jeep day dreaming, I noticed my leaf packs are flat. Well, that just makes a $250'ish kit almost a $500 kit. If I can find someone letting go a pair of not so flat leaf packs on the cheap, that would help alot. Also looking for a hood so I can make an attempt at fab'ing in these vents from a 280z. Other than that, as the money comes in, just spare parts really. Eventually get a engine, trans, TC, diffs...Then I'll just get a spare Jeep, LOL. Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome guys, and I appreciate the help.

-Eric

WAHOO!!!!!
Someone else in the sh#%*y town of Sherman!!!
Think that makes 3 of us up this way now. You, swamprat and myself.
HEY...
we can start our OWN chapter!!!!

137snicker.gif

Lets see some pic's of the XJ.
Wanna see if I've seen it before.
Here's mine..

Fendertrim005.jpg

Its got a rack on top now, lights on the front bumper and soon as I get me a winch bumper...
It will have this on the front...

miss083.jpg

maybe you've seen it. My son is driving it right now.
Iam on the road. Iam a Freight relocation Engineer.
When Iam not home Iam in this...

miss081.jpg

I "should" be home in a few day's.
Wanna play if I got time?
(Platter Flats, Ok.)

Last edited:
Yep, good ole Sherman, lol. Yeah, I live down the street from the Watson Burger and the hospital, not sure if that falls under convenient or not. Ya know what, I just realized I haven't taken any pics of my Jeep yet! Looks like I have a task this afternoon, get some pics up as soon as soon as I'm off work. Just warning ya, mine is still stock, but hopefully it won't stay that way. I think I may have seen yours around at some point, looks really nice. What size rim/tires/lift you got, I think thats about the stance I'm wanting to go for on mine. The two I always seem to notice around here is the red one with about a 6in lift and there's a white one around here also with about a 4in lift just a block away. I couldn't help but notice the HK bag in your pics, you into guns also? What do they have out in Platter Flats? If its the place by Texoma that's not much of a drive at all.

-Eric

Wahoo! I just got another XJ too! I have everything you'll need to lift the jeep, coils shocks leafs brakelines tc drop all that stuff

Oh and welcome, I'm from Howe

That's cool Swamprat, and thanks for the welcome. Send me a PM as for whatcha got and what you're looking for as far as price/trade. Not sure when, but hopefully soon I'll be able to get a lift and such. Waiting on my buddy to get back from the 'stan and pay me for the bike I just sold him.

-Eric

Yep, good ole Sherman, lol. Yeah, I live down the street from the Watson Burger and the hospital, not sure if that falls under convenient or not.
i go by there all the time . (when iam in town)
Iam actually out off of 289, south of 56.

Just warning ya, mine is still stock
Nothing wrong with stock, these things wheel GREAT right out of the box. Mine was stock for a long time after I got it. Throw some 30's on it and call it good for a while.
Mine is only at 2" with 31's, Rancho shocks, front and rear hitches, front hooks, transfer case skid, trimmed fenders,rack,Hella lights on front bumper, hail dings, a dent in the drivers door and the motor just got rebuilt not too long ago. (heavy foot in 4-low= busted piston) 30 over, rv cam, shaved head. Jeff Hill out on 82 did the work. Lost some top end but gained torque.

I couldn't help but notice the HK bag in your pics, you into guns also?
Gun's? ? ?
What are these gun's things you speak of?
LOL!!
Just got one.
Heres the old one. It had to go bye bye.
Very accurate little pop gun.
Colt.png

Heres what I got now...
SmithWesson4566002.jpg

Liked the Colt better but........
OH WELL.
That reminds me...
I need to get that out when I get home too. ;)
Just a little expensive to plink with it. LOL!!

What do they have out in Platter Flats? If its the place by Texoma that's not much of a drive at all.
Yup, by the lake, Oklahoma side. Not a big area but, hey... its something. Mostly mud holes but they are prob dry now. Its ok for something to do for a couple hours or so.
Know another area near there if its still open. Use to know LOTS of places up by the lake to go but they have closed them all over the years.
ANYWAY...
I should be home for a few days starting saturday or sunday maybe you, swamprat (IAN) and myself can get up there one day while Iam home.
google map "platter flats public use area,Ok.", zoom in and go to "satellite" and ya can check it out. its the area on the left of the public use area, down Trail Ride rd.
The other area is just to the south, down Col. Dodge rd. aka:dump ground rd.

Your profile says "veteran"..... what branch and mos?
Me.. army... mp... 3 years... Germany. 556th mp co.

Rick
hippiegal3.gif

Last edited:
Welcome!

Thanks Crusher!

Rick - I was in the Texas National Guard for 8 years, did a overseas training op and 2 deployments overseas. I was a 63M, Bradley mechanic, but no sooner did i return from Basic/AIT, they did away with them here in Texas. Worked on everything with a engine at that point. Then I got put with a Cav unit, became a SAW gunner, went to Egypt, then Iraq. It was mostly good times. How was Germany, I only stopped by there a few times, very pretty.

That's a nice looking S&W you got there. I was tempted to try out there 5906 in 9mm, a little easier on the wallet when ya go shoot. As of late, I have 2 1911s, a Springfield and a Para, which makes any outting expensive fast. Then its just the AR15, and various .22s for plinking.

No, I never owned a Suzuki, I was more into the '00 Mustang GT I had, or the '06 Charger RT, oh and that beat up rust box '71 Chevy, lol. Believe it or not, this is my first non military 4x4 vehicle.

I checked out torc4x4.org, pretty cool looking group. If I have time this weekend, we can meet up and cruise up there. Definetly not far of a drive at all.

Swamprat - I live over here between Houston and Lamar, right across the street from the hospital.

Well, here's a pic of my Jeep.

Jeep001.jpg

Also, here's something I just found that doesn't look right. Not sure how I didn't notice this...can anyone guess whats missing?
Jeep002.jpg

Guess I'll add that to the list of stuff I gotta fix, lol.

-Eric

Thanks! Like I said, it's stock and in need of repairs. The suspension needs a bit of a overhaul, hence why I might as well lift it while I'm at it. Looking at the Rusty's Offroad 3in kit with the spring packs, looks to be the best choice as far as the amount of parts included. I'm trying to track down a set of 15x7 rims with 4 to 4.5in of BS without having to pay too much. May see what digging around the junkyards produces. Yep, its a work in progress. Gotta get that rust taken care of also.

-Eric

I'm trying to track down a set of 15x7 rims with 4 to 4.5in of BS without having to pay too much.

Might be able to help ya out if ya like these...

1402.JPG

Got one person in front of ya. will know if he still wants 'em when I get home.
HOPEFULLY i'll be home by Sunday.

Shot ya my number, gimme a call.
(might not be back on the internet till i get home)

Rick

hippiegal3.gif

Another cheap wheel/tire combo you might be able to come up with is this.

Now that was a pretty cool look with that combo. Really dig the military/industrial look of it. Priced what a set of tires in that size would run, came out to be $240 more for a set of 4 vs the 31x10.5 for the 15x7, so that might be an issue. Luckily, only have to buy a set of tires every two years, so it may not matter much. Definitely worth thinking about. Lots of choices out there.

-Eric

Back