• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy in Greenville,Tx area

wookieintheforest

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to drop a line in here while I continue to lurk and glean information for my XJ build. I managed to snag a d44 rear out of an MJ this weekend. I had to tell someone since my wife could care less. Anyone got a 3.54 used gear set i can buy to keep this thing rolling around?

Future plans are normal with a small lift of 3 " and the standard homemade items of bumpers, rack and spare tire holder. The not so normal is the turbo, intercooler and megasquirt i plan to install. I bought a TIG a year ago and need to use it since I am scrapping the race car that I lost motivation for.

Anyone in the Greeville Tx area? I see Jeeps from time to time but I do not know where to go.

Have a great day!

Dave b

I just joined this month too, welcome, met up with a few of the guys here in the Red River chapter at Hidden Falls last weekend.

Welcome. What gears were in the 44? If you won't be wheeling it yet (using 4wd at all), you can install the 44 and have two different ratios between front and back.

Unfortunately it has the 3.07 ratio in it. Right now it has 3.55's and 31's and it is a turd. I won't want to drive it at all with the 3.07 ratio. Given that I start tear down in two weeks for freeze plugs,bastard pack and manifold fabrication it won't matter much i guess.

Is Hidden Falls an event or an actual location? I have been looking for a camping/wheeling spot for the boys and i to go to...

dave b

Welcome!!

True, but the locals won't even talk to you till they have seen you around for a few years. My neighbors just started waving at me after 2.5 years. Oh well... Guess i should stop peeing in my front yard naked then.

Back