• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Guy First post

OutlawMike

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

My name is Mike and I have been shopping for a good deal on a cherokee for a few months now. I am real close to purchasing a stock 1997 with 170K from one of my co-workers.

If this deal goes through, I'll be looking to put a lift, tires, and rock sliders on it ASAP to get it started.

Can anyone point me to a website or builder of some solid rock sliders?

Thanks,

P.S. Blondjon is my cousin and referred me to this site. Some awesome info on here.

Welcome to the chapter!
Check out aj's offroad armor for some quality rails and skid plates and such.

First off, welcome!

P.S. Blondjon is my cousin

Oh god, you just lost all credibility there. :gag:

JCR makes some nice rails for a very competitive price but I would check with Jon before you buy anything. He always has different things laying around. That's where I got my rails.

and chromo shafts...
and currie steering ...
and front bump stops...
and rear bump stop plates...
and who knows what else...

Response #1:
Welcome to the site. Your post reads like the introduction at an AA meeting so you'll probably fit in fine. Check out AJ's and JCR for sliders, probably some others out there too.

Response #2:
A cousin of blondjon is joining?!?!? This place is going downhill quickly...:laugh3: Next thing you know, Tim's dog "Jax" is going to join.

AJ's sliders are sweet. He uses an extra mounting bracket for the rear spring hangar and his welds are superior. JCR is also good. Stick with one of those two if you can.

Oh, and welcome.

Welcome to the chapter, haven't met too many people here but everyone is friendly in the forum which says a lot!

I too have heard nothing but good things about JCR and Aj's rails. I had a set made by a local shop that are going to be replaced with one of these in the future.

yah i should of warned you mike, dont ever refer to knowing me on here. its bad news...the operation is getting hot, i might have to start smuggling XJ parts accross the border from a columbian jeep cartel , stuffed in bears and hollow door panels and in flight stewardess online carry ons...

dude i can help you get rails, rims, tires, lowers, uppers, SS brakelines, trackbar, Zj steering, leaves, coils, shocks, skids, discos, sye with DS etc for dirt cheap...

yah i should of warned you mike, dont ever refer to knowing me on here. its bad news...the operation is getting hot, i might have to start smuggling XJ parts accross the border from a columbian jeep cartel , stuffed in bears and hollow door panels and in flight stewardess online carry ons...

dude i can help you get rails, rims, tires, lowers, uppers, SS brakelines, trackbar, Zj steering, leaves, coils, shocks, skids, discos, sye with DS etc for dirt cheap...

I think we scared him off Jon. Let me know if you guys need help when you start building his jeep up.

Thanks guys. I did slick rock with Jon last summer and "borrowed" my dad's stock yj (still hearing it from him) and figured it was time to get me a new rig. I had an 89 4runner but never really wheeled it other than hunting which is minor.

I am looking forward to building a rig that will get me to my hunting grounds and doing slick rock in something I'm not afraid to bang up a bit.

Thanks guys. I did slick rock with Jon last summer and "borrowed" my dad's stock yj (still hearing it from him) and figured it was time to get me a new rig.

I believe I met you there at slick rock! I dropped by twice in my green xj to talk with Jon. Glad to see you're getting a rig of your own, and I hope to meet up with you guys again soon.

Ended up finding a clean 98 xj with 150K.

Talking to Jon about the build up. Looking at starting off with a 3" lift, Maybe some fender trimming and as much tire as I can fit.

I will post some pics tomorrow.

hell ya. 3" lift and some 31s. to start. then the addiction sets in. then its all downhill in the pocketbook as you try to go locked front and rear with mad flex uphill on the trail....

Here she is:
XJ.jpg

Hope to slap on a rough country 3" lift and some 31's asap

Back