• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New challenge for me!

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying contacts for the first time (63 yrs)and it takes awhile to get them in. Other than possibly altering my prescription they seem to be working out good!

I have had contacts suggested to me by my optometrist, but I have declined because I know how many flying particles I bounce off my glasses. Wearing glasses has become a safety issue for me.

Be careful adapting to not having glasses. You don't want to end up like the pirate who lost his eye to a seagull dropping.

They are not for daily use or working on stuff. I got them for close up work and where my glasses block my field of view. The days now and I'm still struggling with install/removing them.

I have had contacts suggested to me by my optometrist, but I have declined because I know how many flying particles I bounce off my glasses. Wearing glasses has become a safety issue for me.

Be careful adapting to not having glasses. You don't want to end up like the pirate who lost his eye to a seagull dropping.

You know; those of us that don't wear glasses do wear safety glasses, and various other eye protection. That said, things still get past them. That's not to say that I don't need prescription lenses. :)

Don't need hearing aids either; ear protection.

:anon:

Back