• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New bonnet ( hood ) with venting cowl fitted.

2 limit straps, they look like little ground straps... in fact I guess they act as that as well for the underhood light. I'll have to measure but I'm guessing I took a good 5" off of the prop rod, then rebent the hood end of it.
Mike B.

I wonder why they removed them from the later models? Sounds like a good idea to stop the hood hitting the windshield should the catch let go. They probably thought when they went the the double catch they didn't need it anymore!

somewhat random information... the straps may be there to help with fm signal reception. Many people do not know this, but if you replace your hood with a fiberglass one, you will have a lot of fm radio signal loss. The metal hood acts as a ground plane for the antenna, so by removing the metal hood you lose reception (I am a custom audio installer). This is why i am interested in this hood. I will have to modify it at some point though and add another hump, since i have plans of adding the avenger supercharger. Many vehicles have this strap to connect the hood to the rest of the body electrically, some vehicles rely on a connection through the hinge.

A bonet in American is hood. I believe GoJeep bought a complete hood. Still looks great! Visit his web site for more details including where to buy.

Would anyone be interested in trying to setup a group buy on this hood to maybe get the cost down a little?

JeepinAudiophile said:
Would anyone be interested in trying to setup a group buy on this hood to maybe get the cost down a little?

I know i would be interested for sure.
ravi

I would be interested as well!!!!

JeepinAudiophile said:
somewhat random information... the straps may be there to help with fm signal reception. Many people do not know this, but if you replace your hood with a fiberglass one, you will have a lot of fm radio signal loss. The metal hood acts as a ground plane for the antenna, so by removing the metal hood you lose reception (I am a custom audio installer). This is why i am interested in this hood. I will have to modify it at some point though and add another hump, since i have plans of adding the avenger supercharger. Many vehicles have this strap to connect the hood to the rest of the body electrically, some vehicles rely on a connection through the hinge.
Thanks for the heads up on that info. Never knew about that so you learn something new every day. :laugh2:

well everyday is a learning process... So as for the hoods, I think that i am going to try and contact the company that makes the hoods and see if they are interested in working with us on a group buy... I'll post any information that i get.

I's at work putting my Banks TorqueTube headers on right now and i thought of something so i took a quick look... I may be able to actually get ahold of these hoods through my company...with any luck i may be able to get a bunch and get them out to who wants them at basically dealer cost plus shipping. No promises, but keep an eye on this thread if you would be interested in this hood.

JeepinAudiophile said:
I's at work putting my Banks TorqueTube headers on right now and i thought of something so i took a quick look... I may be able to actually get ahold of these hoods through my company...with any luck i may be able to get a bunch and get them out to who wants them at basically dealer cost plus shipping. No promises, but keep an eye on this thread if you would be interested in this hood.

that would be nice of you, please keep us posted.

:wave:

ravi

Sorry boys... i "don't have a discount on that line" i can get the hood, but they quoted me $476.92 plus $25.00 shipping and $5 special order bringing me to $506.92 man....that sucks. Maybe still look into a group buy if there seem to be enough people interested... I'd just contact the company and bypass middlemen all together. Now... $25 shipping? kinda makes you wonder just how good a deal the hood on ebay is after all... $130 shipping to business, or $170 residential.

Last edited:
JeepinAudiophile said:
Sorry boys... i "don't have a discount on that line" i can get the hood, but they quoted me $476.92 plus $25.00 shipping and $5 special order bringing me to $506.92 man....that sucks. Maybe still look into a group buy if there seem to be enough people interested... I'd just contact the company and bypass middlemen all together. Now... $25 shipping? kinda makes you wonder just how good a deal the hood on ebay is after all... $130 shipping to business, or $170 residential.

I can get it for $469, shipped to a garage next door so i guess thats a good deal. I guess i will order this in june.

Thanks for your help;
ravi

JeepinAudiophile said:

They just jacked the price up then made out like the shipping was cheap, there is no way to ship a box that size and weight other than LTL and $130 is pretty reasonable for LTL. Sounds like they don't want to sell them to/through you directely, mine was $480 total ($350+$130) through a dealer (the one selling on ebay) and I'm sure the dealer is making a few bucks in the transaction.
Mike B.

My latch didn't work on my 2000, it was rusted so my hood flew up and is all bent up now. So I'm going to get one of these cowl hoods, I was wondering if you can make or buy any intake snorkel's for it to have sort of a real cowl induction effect and cooler under hood temps also allowing me to go into higher water if need be like a snorkel just not as high??? thanks for the help

blackash132,
you can go to reflexxion.com they are the ones that make this hood. they don't deal directly but call them and find a dealer near you. i'm installing a k and n kit right inside the cowl. it will sit right over the oil filter/or block, about 4'' from the opening. i will be doing this this week. but a friend of mine has done something similar and it worked amazing.

I hope to get the reflexxion hood in the next eight weeks or so.

Has anybody thought about using 1" lifted motor mounts (like the TJ guys) with this cowl hood to help the front drive shaft angle? Would that be possible?

BlueGerbil said:
I hope to get the reflexxion hood in the next eight weeks or so.

Has anybody thought about using 1" lifted motor mounts (like the TJ guys) with this cowl hood to help the front drive shaft angle? Would that be possible?

Might be possible but I thought that the clearance around the bellhousing and floor would be the problem and that clearance has not changed. You also could not run the mechanical fan either.

Back