• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new battery?

md21722

NAXJA Forum User
When I bought my 97 XJ last summer it came with an Exide lead acid of unknown age. The Jeep always starts. The problem is that I get a reside on the top of the battery that I am always cleaning off. At least once its caused corrosion on the battery cables. I popped the covers and it does not look overfilled. I am thinking of replacing it with a AGM type battery. Any suggestions on preferred source/brand? I am thinking Advance or Auto Zone for availability and warranty but only if they are any good. I will not use Optima anything.

I bought an Optima Yellow Top for my other Jeep because the one I bought in my 93 W250 was something like 7-9 years old and still working. The Yellow Top shorted internally about 1 month after the warranty expired. Then I down at my buddy's who runs a shop and he had a stack of dead Optimas. If they want to give me a big credit on my next purchase for good will I may buy another. Maybe.

im not a fan of the optima's but the interstate green top megatron II rock by far hands down the best battery I've ever had. 5 year warranty but they last 7. have them in both jeeps and the toy truck.

Back