• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New AGR Steering Box blows return hose off reservoir

burbad

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1998 XJ 4.0L 4x4. I just replaced the steering box with a AGR 262352 Super Box 2 along with new hoses and a new steering pump (NAPA). I bled the system and then started the Jeep. Within a few seconds the return line blew off at where the rubber hose attaches to the metal portion near the box. I thought the new hose had a bad clamp, so I reattached with a new clamp, filled, bled, etc. I started the jeep and the return line blew off at the reservoir.

This is the return line so the only thing I can think of is the pressure regulator in the AGR box. Any other possibilities? Anyone had this issue before?

Just figured it out. The new NAPA pump I installed has black cap installed on it that blends in nicely and doesn't stop the hose from slipping right off. I installed the pump about two weeks ago and completely forgot about this cap when I put the new box in an connected to hoses.

Back