• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to find: Truck Tool Box Latch/Lock

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Well some white boy broke one of the latches on the tool box on the old truck, take a look at these pics, I need the whole assembely:

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

And in case anybody can identify the make of the tool box I could contact the manufacture - there is no branding on the box (nor on the lock) so I have no clue.

Outside:
IMG_0030.JPG

Inside:
IMG_0029.JPG

And in case anybody needs to see the higher quality versions they are here: http://events.sequoia4x4.com/v/2060730-truckbox/

Thanks,
Sequoia

First guess, older Weatherguard?

Looks very similar to the Delta box I have on the back of the MJ. I get replacement parts for it (struts/locks/etc) from an agricultural supply store near me.

I have to go down there this week to look for some hitch accessories and a snatch strap....I can look and see what they have for you if you can't find a local source.
Jeff

Hey if you're down there let me know if you find one...

PMing you my phone number... It's hard to find parts like that out here since I don't knwo the places and the ones that I do knowk about keep bankers hours.

as a reference, here's a shot (sort of) of the Delta box I have. Looks very similar, although mine is a whole hinged lid. If you took the Delta sticker off of it, you'd never know the manufacturer...

starting.jpg

Matthew Currie said:
I have a vague recollection of having seen replacement locks at Tractor Supply. It might be worth a look if there's a store near you.

You wouldn't happen to know of any with websites, would you? Or maybe if you can pick up a catalog and mail to me? I live in Los Angeles, ain't no tractor supply places in miles! ;)

GSequoia said:
You wouldn't happen to know of any with websites, would you? Or maybe if you can pick up a catalog and mail to me? I live in Los Angeles, ain't no tractor supply places in miles! ;)

http://www.mytscstore.com/ is the site for Tractor Supply Co. It doesn't look too good for your area, but maybe they have something on line. I also could be completely wrong about their having anything too.

The lock shop here carries them. The whole assembly with keys is like $25-30. I found one at a junkyard, took it in and they re-keyed it for $10 if you are looking on the cheap.

Jim

mavinwy said:
The lock shop here carries them. The whole assembly with keys is like $25-30. I found one at a junkyard, took it in and they re-keyed it for $10 if you are looking on the cheap.

Jim

Does that shop have a website? If not would you mind taking some quick measurements of your lock so I can cross reference them with mine?

GSequoia said:
Does that shop have a website? If not would you mind taking some quick measurements of your lock so I can cross reference them with mine?

I no longer have the truck, a buddy of mine does. But, I'll stop by and get the measurements after work.

Jim

Back