• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some Tellico area info

Trail Rated

NAXJA Forum User
I was reading on another post of new camping restrictions in Tellico. I was there a few years ago and I camped along the stream on trail 5 right before the crossing, with many other campers as well. Is this area closed to camping now? Is this where they built a bridge across the stream? Where is camping allowed now?

I just got back from murphy, went up there with my parents to look at vacation houses, and we heard of talks about closing tellico for good. Where can I find more info on this? Also we drove around nantahala nf from the nantahala river towards franklin then back to murphy. There are some dirt forest roads throughout the area, are any of these good for wheelin? I know many lead to hiking trails which I will definately explore but I was wondering if there are any rougher trails to have fun on in the Jeep. I'll most likely be taking my TJ up there within the next month to do some exploring in the area.

Back