• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some help

XJBrother

NAXJA Forum User
I cross threaded my dana 44 pinion nut and can't seem to find another one locally. Just wondering if anyone around my area (central jersey) has one left over or laying around. thanks

I have a used pinion nut in my basement from either a D30 or D35 when I regeared to 3.73 a couple of years ago... if it'll fit consider it yours.

thanks mark but after 3 tries the local dealer finally came through with the right one. So now i'm set and am the last stages of getting this thing done.....finally

hopefully i'll have enough time to get some testing in before the 30th

Greg,Are you going to try and go to Paragon before the HC run?if so let me know I will go.BMJA has a run Aug 9(at nite) and Aug 10,you dont have to be a member,it's open to anybody.

mitch unfortunatly i dont think i'll be done by then. I'll be short a front driveshaft and thats about it. I'll try to get one in but it'll be awfully tight to get it all done by then. Anytime after august 15th i'm up to go(stupid work & school); I will definatly have it all together and will finally have some free time.

What do you need for the driveshaft?what kind of ends?I have alot of stuff here.If I can help you out let me know.

i need all of it..i have to get a complete new shaft for the front. Haven't decided if i was just going to call up tom woods or go somewhere local yet. If i could find some ends it may be cheaper to do local.

While on the topic, you know of any good local places to get shafts done??? cuz the rear i was just gonna get lengthed for now until i do the dual t-case setup.

What ends do you need?I have a guy that's been doing my stuff.He is in Farmingdale/Howell area.He does real nice work and is very reasonable.

well i'd need a 1310 end for a 3" diameter tube for the rear. the front will be a 1310 CV so i'd need all that stuff but i dont know what dimeter tube that will be made of. What the guys number you got? I found a place near me in manville/south bound brook but never seen his work or gotten a price from yet. Shops called American Driveshaft Services??

So hows your truck holding up? I haven't seen it since you redid it..sounds big though.
:D

xj brother.. that guy i think its actually somerville he's in.. my rear driveshaft he made and he does alot of work for union county 4wd and performance.. he does quality work... the only reason i broke my first one after a year is because i went running in the pines.. neglected to clean it out and did burnouts in my jeep without a traction bar for a month.... THEN it let go haha... he's a good guy and he's very fair.. check em out.

dave thanks for the input...i'll stop by his place tomorrow to check him out. If the union guys like him i'm sure he does some good work.

Greg,What about using an XJ front shaft for our front?it's a 1310 CV.My XJ is working real good.I had a couple of minor problems that I have already corrected.I'm sure I'll be finding some other stuff that needs dialing in but it is basically working good.I still have some parts for Nick,is he going to the hardcore run?

mitch that would work if someones got one i could get off them for a few bucks. Junkyards open on weekends???...hmm i dont think nicks got his old one anymore.

As far as i know nick will be coming to the HC run, but with him anymore you never know.

I've been so lazy this summer. I've got nothing done on my jeep that I've wanted to, and I've had so much time. I have to return a tool to John B that I've had for way too long...I keep saying I'm gonna stop by your place, I'm just lazy as hell. I jsut get nothing done that I need to. I'll push myself to come to the HC run. Greg, I know Pete has an XJ DS lying around...I'll call him this week, you'll more than likely need lengthening. That's how lazy I am...greg's in the other room right now, I could just tell him this in person.

the driveshaft guy will length a stock cherokee shaft or cut it down for 80 bucks ready to bolt in as long as the cv is good. my buddy just had one cut down for a cj he did a spring over on. just make sure you use an xj front shaft not a tj shaft.. from what i hear the tj tubes like to tear and the wall on the tube isnt as thick.

Back