• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need more lift

I've got 35's and 6" lift and the rears never rub. Of course I cut and folded the rear fender wells. You can only go so high on stock width axles before it just becomes a rollover waiting to happen. Most people only go as high as absolutely necessary for good reason.

If you do this-trim more, much more!
This is only a 32-11.50.
picture.php

i dont get it, whats the point of this post? your on 32's and hes trying to run 36's. showing trimmed fenders with 32s is not going to help him..

OK!

ok ay well here is the thing i dont rub at all right now with 35s the point of lifting it was to level it out cuz it sits lower in the rear.im putting 36s back on it, when they were on it before they barly rubd only when i was complety flexed out. i was just looking to make it level instead of looking like a prerunner.thanks 1990heepxj for saying what i been saying ive trimed all i can im not an idiot i know i can redo the fenders but thats to much.i think im just guna have my buddy build me a 1.5" bigger shackle thanks anyways.

ok ay well here is the thing i dont rub at all right now with 35s the point of lifting it was to level it out cuz it sits lower in the rear.im putting 36s back on it, when they were on it before they barly rubd only when i was complety flexed out. i was just looking to make it level instead of looking like a prerunner.thanks 1990heepxj for saying what i been saying ive trimed all i can im not an idiot i know i can redo the fenders but thats to much.i think im just guna have my buddy build me a 1.5" bigger shackle thanks anyways.

1.5" longer shackle will lift it .75 inches. how long are your shackles now? if you already have lift shackles, your better off lowering the shackle mount(http://www.hdoffroadengineering.com) then increasing the length of the shackle your using. you also get a better shackle angle by doing this.

how much lift do you have now?

im not cuttin more.its looks stupid and rather just get more lift considering it leans.thanks but no thanks

YOU LOOK STUPID:gonnablow

what would lifting more have to do with the lean?

what do you think about a 1" inch block for now
thats how things break

he may rub with just lift but you can only trim so far befor you find a door jam on a 4dr

xj wheel openings trimmed fit 35's perfectly, and with a titch of hammer massaging a 37 fits like a glove.

fyi, i don't think you look stupid, sorry if that was a little harsh

because its lifted 8.5 in the front and 6.5 in the rear.so its guna sit higher in the front. if sumbody had measurments of them it would be easier and great im not guna buy anything that i can have built for free.my buddy runs a fab shop. and one question if ur getting irrated dont post anything i got people on here more then willing to help i dont need any stupid people telling me im an idiot.sorry and hope that you people can still help thanks alot.

Skip the blocks..... bad juju! Trim as much as you can. Get longer shackles with a relocator. And bumpstop acordingly!

because its lifted 8.5 in the front and 6.5 in the rear.so its guna sit higher in the front. if sumbody had measurments of them it would be easier and great im not guna buy anything that i can have built for free.my buddy runs a fab shop. and one question if ur getting irrated dont post anything i got people on here more then willing to help i dont need any stupid people telling me im an idiot.sorry and hope that you people can still help thanks alot.

you can also lower the front

there is absolutely no reason a 6.5" lift should have issues fitting 36's.

but hey, i'm not here to build your jeep for you

You're ranting at a guy who fit 36s and 37s on 2" of lift and made it work great and look good. Lifting that much to avoid cutting the fenders a little more just makes it look like a clown car... you know, the one the guy on stilts drives.

im just guna go ahead and do the shackle relocation anyway got some measurments on it. and if you have pictures post some pictures of yours that would help also.

Back