• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need more lift

erniesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
cellphonepictures613.jpg

i need a couple more inches what to do atleast a 1". i have 36s goin on and need the room

When people say trim they mean to cut out your fenders, that would give you the clearence but it's your jeep so you can do what you want with it. We need more info, what setup do you have in the rear? blocks? shackles? lift of leaf spring?, shackle relocation brackets could possible work but we need to know your setup first.

thanks im guna have my buddy build me some this weekend.he runs a metal fab shop thanks for pointin me in the right direction

blocks are not a option they do more bad then good, and even with more lift the tires will still rub on up travel

i figured on the blocks but y wouldd it rub on upward travel with more lift.doesnt rub now with 35s . ive had 36 iroks on before that barly rubbed. i just wanted to know more options on lil bit more lift so i didnt rub when i put 36 tsl sx on.

sorry... lifting more isn't gonna make the fender wells big enough to fit 36s. You either need to trim more, or lift more and bumpstop and end up riding around looking like your jeep is on stilts. At least to me, that looks worse than trimming.

he may rub with just lift but you can only trim so far befor you find a door jam on a 4dr

True but guys run bigger tires than 36's on 6 inches of lift all the time. Hell, Ktmracer 419 ran 37's on 1.5"!

i figured on the blocks but y wouldd it rub on upward travel with more lift.doesnt rub now with 35s . ive had 36 iroks on before that barly rubbed. i just wanted to know more options on lil bit more lift so i didnt rub when i put 36 tsl sx on.
tires ares till gonna move up the same amount, the 36 is bigger then the stock wheel well you will have to do a agressive cut and fold to make em fit either way

Back