• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED ideas....

nhrocker said:
Cool, sounds easy enough.

How did you trace that starter lead under the dash? I just want to make sure I get the right one. And do I need to run a 12V straight from a constant power source to the lighter, then replace the ground with the lead that goes to the starter relay? Or can I leave the power to the lighter as it is (only powered when the key is run position) and just replace the ground with the starter lead? Since the key would have to be in the run position anyway, wouldn't that work?

yep that will work just fine, and i never thought of it working that way until after i ran a constant 12v there... and i just cut wires until i found the right one... heh

This is kinda complex, but might be interesting...

How about adding an extra alternator and using it to power some 36V sealed-beam lights? Then, you can add a second mode to unlimit the voltage and use it as an onboard welder ;).

Back