• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with a tie rod conversion issue

noaffiliationsti

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1989 XJ with a 2.5" superlift on it. I just put on the Outland heavy duty crossover steering conversion on my jeep and I'm having trouble with the tie rod that connects to the crossover bar between the knuckles. When i turn left about 3/4 of a turn on the steering wheel it rubs the inside of my wheels (97+ TJ 5 spoke 15x8 wheels on 30x9.50x15 BFG's). Now I am currently waiting for a call back from outland, but has anyone else used this kit or had a problem? I even tried my old wheels & tires that were factory on the jeep 15x7's and it still would rub on the middle of the tire when turning left. I even tried 1/4" spacers which helped only slightly because it will still rub quite a bit if you turn left very hard at all. I just drive this once & a while to work and to get stuff from the hardware store. Once I get it all fixed up I will do some minor off roading for fun but thats it. Any suggestions would be great!

here's the funny part...their tech guy asked me how much of a lift and wheels / tires on the jeep. They never mentioned anything about having to change wheels, if that were the case I would have bought OEM tie rods instead. Their catalog says nothing about it as well, I work for a wholesaler of this line and I an say as of right now I am not thrilled about their products.

Back